Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enterprise Arms

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Polytech commie [email protected][email protected]*$

However, it has been said that they are geometrically correct, proper steel, but come with no commie guarantees. On the other hand, my situation in the circumpolar region, requires anything other that those guaranteed cast iron receivers. Cast Iron breaks up here in Alaska alot. Fry pans/pots, stoves, engine blocks. Go figure. Last thing in the world I need to have happen is to slip on some icy boulder, and crack my receiver. Or, heat> cold things up when it's minus 47 degrees F! My stove broke that time. Buy the polytech, order good parts, a good barrel and stock and you're good to go. Between 2-3 grand +, and It'll out live you. ('ceptin the scope perhaps).

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Alloy steels aren't going to have a massive drop in fracture toughness like certain stainless steels or cast iron do when the temp takes a dive.

Ty

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seventh Fleet said:
,The notable exception is that Smith Enterprise did make a batch of about 260 forged receivers.
7th
You make me feel special - if my Smith receiver is 1 of 260, it must really be worth something! :eek:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Mojo I had one and like a moron I sold it for an obscene profit back in 94 just prior to the passage of Klinton's ban. I've often wished that I'd kept it, the rifles gone and so is the money that I made from the sale of it. :cry:

7th

·
Registered
218 Posts
the Barbarian said:
Alright enough pussyfootin, :roll: in yer umble opinion, who makes the best receiver for a hand built shooter? :D
Oh, dear, don't overlook the new Fulton Armory receiver!

Lifetime limited warranty, 30-day no-BS return privilege (even on custom rifles)...

Regards,

Walt

·
Registered
890 Posts
Gee wiz Walt. I know you guys want to sell rifles, but reviving a 14 month old thread? :eek: You earned your pay today! :wink: I have often wondered why we don't see more Manufacturer Reps here and across the street like you see on the Fal Files.

I hope you stick around and interact with your customer base, it could only be good for business.

PS: Really nice pic but I think we are supposed to keep the width down to 400 pixels. :roll:

·
Registered
218 Posts
JohnnyReb said:
Gee wiz Walt. I know you guys want to sell rifles, but reviving a 14 month old thread? :eek: You earned your pay today! :wink: I have often wondered why we don't see more Manufacturer Reps here and across the street like you see on the Fal Files.

I hope you stick around and interact with your customer base, it could only be good for business.

PS: Really nice pic but I think we are supposed to keep the width down to 400 pixels. :roll:
Yeah, but did you see the file size? JPEG Cruncher does an awesome job!

I'll curb my enthusiasm in the future :wink:

Best regards,

Walt

·
Registered
565 Posts
the Barbarian said:
Alright enough pussyfootin, :roll: in yer umble opinion, who makes the best receiver for a hand built shooter? :D
Had you added LRB I would have choosen it, however, out of the three that you posted the SA is the best, and is the only one that is guarenteed by a number of builders.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I own a Smith Ent. Built LRB m14 and a Springfield M1A. The springfield is nice, but the LRB receiver is noticably nicer and the hand fitting that Smith does is top notch. I am expecting my Fulton Armory M14 any day now so maybe my opinion will change....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts