Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Arover2,
I used to own a P99 in 9mm and was very happy with it.
I don't know if it was my imagination, but I was able to shoot tighter groups with it than I could a friends S&W 99. (I seem to be able to fake myself out with cheap wine and 7-11 coffee, too.)
I traded it for the same gun in 40 S&W and still have it.
The only issue I have with the 99s is the slide lock lever. I have to be very conscious of where I keep my right thumb or I would accidentally lock the slide back.
I'd listen to Charlie on the S&W version. Except for the new stealth S&W XP line, he is very knowledgeable on all things S&W. My experience is more with the Walther.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Red,
I am no longer familiar with all the trigger configurations available on the P99, but mine is terrific.
There are actually 3 variations on my gun - a very long and firm double action, a very crisp, fairly light and clean single action ( with really short reset) and a weird thing in between.
On the in between, the trigger pull is long but light, something goes click, then becomes the very nice SA.
The SA on mine is a nice as they come. Mine was a store demo so was broken in by the time I bought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.