Gunhub.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen--

I am a new G21 owner stuck here in a slave state (MA). Any idea where I might find some pre-ban G21 mags for sale? I've looked for quite awhile locally (4+ months) and only turned up two scuffed-up looking beaters. I bought them of course. For a humiliating and painful price. Because that's what you do in Massachusetts. (I'll post pics if anybody wants a laugh at my expense). But that brings us back to the central question--where can I find some decent pre-ban mags?

Anybody?

--Eight_Ring

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do new G21 mags have a date on them?

If not, can you repair or rebuild old ones? You know, by replacing the spring, follower, floorplate, and mag tube? :twisted:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HankB said:
Do new G21 mags have a date on them?
They have no date, Hank, but they do have characteristics that are identifiable--where the caliber is stamped (for example). The shape of th enotch in the back of the mag, for example. Post bans have the caliber stamped up higher by the feed lips--it used to sit above the "RESTRICTED LEO ONLY" and after the ban ended in free america they just lost the Restricted markings and the caliber stayed in the same place. I'll post you a link to identifying marks if you are interested.

Lots of guys like to play fast and loose, feeling (rightfully) that the restrictions are asshattery (and they are, sure). In fact the fellow who sold me this Glock (an FFL no less) tried to hand me two felony mags (because that's what they were, to even have in my possession--felonies, two counts) despite the fact that they were clearly identifiable as recent manufacture by the "ambi-notch" cut in the front of them. He tried to play stupid--and maybe that works on a barstool surrounded by people who aren't all that interested in knowing the truth anyhow--but it's not going to float with a snide, shithead DA who really thinks the little people ought to be disarmed anyway, and now has his golden ticket to end your ability to ever own a firearm again. Felony, baby. You're all done. Ignorance of th elaw is no excuse-- and Welcome To Massachusetts, Cradle of Liberty. I guess nobody ever really thinks they are going to get caught, right? I felt strongly enough about it to walk away with a Glock 21 and no mags. Oh well.

HankB said:
"If not, can you repair or rebuild old ones? You know, by replacing the spring, follower, floorplate, and mag tube? :twisted:
Thanks very much for reminding me of that particular legal avenue. That is worth exploring. I do believe by right that I can "rebuild" any existing/unserviceable preban mags with new components--but I think (if I understand the law correctly--and I may well NOT) that you need to have the broken/unserviceable mag body as your ticket to the lawful right. That is what gives you the legal right to use the new components. They don't actually specify WHAT can be replaced--only that it CAN be repaired/overhauled, provided that you own the unserviceable preban device.

I'll look into it, and let you know what I found out.
Al Thompson said:
Ebay seemed to work for some of my buddies.
Al: Those days are gone. Ebay no longer allows most firearms parts or accessories. Go to ebay and type "Glock 21".

Want a T-shirt? That they've got. Other than that you're SOL.

Anyhow--thanks for the feedback, Gentlemen.

Stay Safe.

--Eight_Ring

·
Registered
50 Posts
I absolutely positively have 4 of them. Back in 2003 I paid between 125 and 150 dollars, apiece, for each of them. If you're willing to give me what I paid, I'd sell them.

As for what kind of condition they're in? If I didn't tell you, you'd think they were brand new. (True, no internet BS. I'll send close-up photos to prove it, too.)

Before you decide to rebuild an old magazine body, make sure the release notch is in good condition. Personally, I wouldn't rebuild any NFML magazine; but, that's just me. By the way, I was on Ebay the other day and saw laser tac lights advertised as, 'flashlights'.

Hilarious! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the offer NightSight--but $125 - $150 is a bit too rich for my blood.

Now, you MAY find a buyer for them--certainly not a poor working fool like me, but someone--if you list them on the Northeastshooters.com bulletin board. There are rich folks in MA who value their time that highly--and the notion of actually scoring four mint condition drop frees with little-to-no effort beyond the cash outlay might just have them reaching for their wallet. Of course, then again--maybe not. In which case you will always have them tucked away as an expensive black polymer reminder of WHY you need to vote Republican.

Another piece of advice--if you do decide to list them on Northeastshooters, to avoid unpleasantness and angry charges of profiteering on our MA misery--use the words "I'm sorry" at least once in the listing, as in "I have these and somebody might want them/sorry about the price/no hard feelings, but it's what I paid for them/fair is fair, etc."

Who knows, you may be able to get your money back--and wouldn't THAT be nice. :thumbsup:

Peace/Out.

--Eight_Ring

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what is the allure of a "pre ban" Glock mag? You can buy new Hi-Cap Glock mags all day for under $30.00. The "pre ban" models have no greater capacity. What am I not seeing here? Bill T.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
This issue is the moronic Mass. State law that say you can only hold pre ban full capacity magazines, because they will not be used in a mass murder, recent full capacity mags will undoubtable be used to slaughter innocent nuns and toddlers the instant you buy them.

He has to have pre ban mags or else he can only have 10 rounders. Its not a federal issue, its a state issue, and as he clearly stated, having possession of a federally ok post ban full capacity mag in Massachusetts is a felony.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's insanity. How would they know? I'm not even sure what the differences are?? Bill T.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
billt said:
That's insanity. How would they know? I'm not even sure what the differences are?? Bill T.
Too true. That's a nice thing about living in free states, we don't have to know the minutia to stay out of trouble. Those in the People's Republiks do, or they are up the fecal stream without propulsion.

"They have no date, Hank, but they do have characteristics that are identifiable--where the caliber is stamped (for example). The shape of th enotch in the back of the mag, for example. Post bans have the caliber stamped up higher by the feed lips--it used to sit above the "RESTRICTED LEO ONLY" and after the ban ended in free america they just lost the Restricted markings and the caliber stayed in the same place. I'll post you a link to identifying marks if you are interested." Sounds like Eight_Ring has done his homework (fortunately).

·
Registered
3 Posts
J.D. Langendorph said:
It's time for SCOTUS to declare that 2nd Amendment means "shall not be infringed" and that states cannot preempt federal RKBA.
Won't make any difference - MA has said that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to MA!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tim Burke said:
cevtv said:
Won't make any difference - MA has said that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to MA!!
The SCOTUS disagrees... and they get to make the call.
But they won't until someone with enough money actually takes MA to Federal court to challenge it.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
It won't make it to SCOTUS. It was asked and answered in McDonald. If it goes into Federal Court it will be decided on the basis of Heller & McDonald. No Federal appeals court is going to rule differently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tim Burke said:
It won't make it to SCOTUS. It was asked and answered in McDonald. If it goes into Federal Court it will be decided on the basis of Heller & McDonald. No Federal appeals court is going to rule differently.
The reason Heller & McDonald are not going to matter to us is because MA isn't telling us we can't have a gun - they are telling us we can't have certain guns because of the AG's BS "consumer protection" rulings and the pathetic AWB. Neither of which will be affected by Heller & McDonald.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Someone is going to have to take them to court to get that fixed. Consumer protection rulings are not going to withstand strict scrutiny, and that is the correct standard to use when reviewing an infringement on a Constitutionally enumerated individual right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts