·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on Wed, Nov. 26, 2003

PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGNS: Clark opposed to concealed-weapons laws
BY ROBERT IMRIE
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. - As thousands of gun-touting hunters roam Wisconsin in search of deer, Democratic presidential hopeful Wesley Clark said Tuesday he opposes concealed weapons laws like the one recently passed by the Wisconsin Legislature.

The retired four-star general from Little Rock, Ark., said he doesn't think people need concealed weapons for protection.

"If we need protection, we need other means of protection than concealed weapons," said Clark, explaining he owned 20 guns and has been shooting since boyhood. "I shot a lot of big guns and a lot of little guns. If you like big guns come into the Army."
Click HERE for the rest of the story.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Sam ---

All I can say is that it is views like this that cost the Democrats the White House in 2000!! I live in West Virginia which is registered over 4-1 Democrat/Republican --- and Gore lost here. The crux of his loss had to do with 2 main points --- Guns and enviromental issues (Anti Coal because of "acid rain" and Anti Timber). That seemed to tick off almost every West Virginian because we have one of the highest per capita gun ownerships and Coal/Timber are integral industries here.

I have already become a charter member of Bush/Cheney 2004, not because I like everything W has done, but because I think they are the lesser of evils!

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts