Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Br'er Mas posted this video on his blog, illustrating some of the 'hidden costs' of gun control. Ya almost feel sorry for the guy...:D

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Eventus stultorum magister

I "get" that there are liberals who voted for O and who are also against gun control. I'm told I am supposed to accept their help for the 2A side. Fine.
But I can't find it in me to have much sympathy for them -- and this goes way beyond second amendment issues. :ek:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's breakin' my heart, too! :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think that guy is by any means a 2A supporter, but he is realizing that there are those who are serious about freedom!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That guy is AWESOME!! I love it.
He's eloquent, all right, but if it weren't for the hurt to his business, he'd likely be with the pack, baying for 2A blood.:rolleyes:
That's what makes it so amusing.:)

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I doubt that, my bet is he’s solidly in support of the 2nd Amendment and this is his “story” before the legislature; just another angle. There are a lot of Dems/Libs who are pro-2nd Amendment, and I thank God for them every day…I hope their numbers grow within that party to the point to where it becomes a real contentious issue. There is far more division in the Democratic party on this issue than you’ll ever hear about in the press. There are a lot of members of the Democratic party that are either pro-2nd Amendment, or just don’t think it’s worth all the risk to go after gun control. This is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
As I recall Ol Snakehead, James Carvelle, told the Dems sometime back that gun control was the third rail of politics.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I believe his comment was along the lines of "I don't believe you have a right to own a gun, but it's a loser as a political position".

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks for the link, Pete. It really was an interesting point of view. I.T. professionals refusing a good salary, great benefits and a $5,000 signing bonus
because they don't want to leave their guns behind.

Unintended consequences. Love it!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Thanks for the link, Pete. It really was an interesting point of view. I.T. professionals refusing a good salary, great benefits and a $5,000 signing bonus
because they don't want to leave their guns behind.

Unintended consequences. Love it!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:
That's precisely why I would NEVER move back to CA. I haven't really shared this, but I was offered what may have been a dream job for me about 10 years ago. One of the big hunting magazines was in desperate need of an editor (had to be desperate if they were talking to me). The pay wasn't great but not horrible. And they said I could expect to go to Africa about once every 5 years...total dream of mine. Then they said the job was in Los Angeles...before he even finished the sentence, I told him that they couldn't offer me enough money to ever go back to California. I was about the 5th or 6th person he had talked to and eveyone said the same thing. They finally found a guy though.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good on ya, Kevin. When I got out of the USAF in '92, coming to the southeast was a no-brainer. Besides my wife having family in Alabama,
and me having spent a good part of my youth in Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia (Dad was career USAF) I also knew that the gun culture was deeply
embedded in the south. We have never regretted that decision.

I know it must have been hard for you to turn down a "dream job"...or maybe not. You did say you said hell no pretty quick :)! But I do truly understand.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I know it must have been hard for you to turn down a "dream job"...or maybe not. You did say you said hell no pretty quick :)! But I do truly understand.
Wasn't hard at all. California is an automatic no-starter for just about anything. If there's a dumb-arse idea, California is first in line to give it a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New and not Crying

New to this site, but old gun hunter / owner. O is forming his own SS troopers in the form of Home-Land-Security and this fool still supports him maybe he will wise up when he sees an MRAP on his street herding gun owners with their hands chained. Good to see people putting their freedom before money, shows honor and commitment.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Squeeze1951,

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

What makes me a bit more WARY than usual is the MILLIONS of rounds of ammo that DHS has bought. - MORE than we expended in 10 years in IRAQ!!!
(I wonder what those "cowboys" have in mind??)

yours, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Squeeze1951,

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

What makes me a bit more WARY than usual is the MILLIONS of rounds of ammo that DHS has bought. - MORE than we expended in 10 years in IRAQ!!!
(I wonder what those "cowboys" have in mind??)

yours, sw
I've read somewhere--don't recall where or I would post a link--that the way govt. does this (buying LOTS of ammo) is really more like putting down a "order" for it which isn't filled until requests come for it.
That is a sort of "stilted" explanation for it, based on my, unfortunatly, faulty memory.
The point is, it isn't like Federal Ammunition has to drop everything else and make the govt. a billion rounds of ammo now. It isn't what's clogging the system and making the shelves of our nearby Academy Sports and other sports shops barren of ammo.

Not that one shouldn't be wary of what the Government is up to ... usually it's NOT too Good.......:twisted:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
TommyGunn,

I said MILLIONS & someone who I trust ( to tell the truth) at a major wholesaler of ammo says that MILLIONS of rounds have been DELIVERED to DHS.= He said enough to last them at least 10-15 years.
(His theory is that they are buying UP everything to keep it off the civilan market's shelves & to drive up prices.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems like an obvious target for sequestration cuts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts