Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out.

Since I have about 100,000 .223/5.56 cases, and about half have crimped in primers, I thought it would be a good investment. There are some folks in the comments section of the You Tube video that say they had problems, but it appears to me that they can be easily solved by polishing the "swager" post itself a little better, then applying some lube from time to time, again something I think I would have done anyway.

. ... 7675.l2562

Full disclosure, I have nothing to do with the design, manufacture, sale, or distribution of this item.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
If I wanted an opinion on this, I'd call Dillon Precision. However, the fact that they make a stand alone bench swager probably makes that call redundant.

1. The widget places all the stress of swaging the primer pocket on the case rim and the shell plate. Ooops, forgot additional stress on the primer seating punch pocket. To the best of my knowledge (which is why you might call Dillon), neither the primer punch pocket nor the shell plate and its mountings were designed with this in mind.

2. The majority of primer swaging tools use a rod entering the case to place the stess of swaging on the much thicker case web. This avoids ripping the case rim should you run into cases where the primers were REALLY well crimped.

I think it'd be stretching the famous Dillon no BS warranty really far.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I never had the primer pocket swager on the 650, it wasn't available when I had mine. But my 1050 had it and it was the cats-ass!!! If it's available for the 650 I'd grab one and smile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts