Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While talking about Hornadys new Critical defense round, it was mentioned they were having trouble with the primers. Anyone know anything, I haven't heard this and why just the CD line?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I simply heard Hornady was having the same troubles all reloaders were having, that is, getting enough primers to meet demand. It was not staged as having troubles with primers, but as having troubles getting primers.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I'm glad you clarified that because your first post didn't sound that way at all.

Hornady doesn't make primers so they are dependent on a vendor. Everybody is having a hard time getting primers but since the other biggies make their own they are going to meet their needs before they sell to others. OEM components are usually bought on long term contracts but I'm pretty sure nobody anticipated the impact of the political changes and are now scrambling to catch up and cut new deals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Guys, a friend sold all his guns and stuff but he gave me 4 boxes of CCI primers. Large and small rifle and pistol primers.

Haven't used them yet so don't know whether or not they are oversized. I think not because friend was reloading till just a few months ago. I'll let you know what I find.

BobMac

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a poster on another board, he said I should ask around if I didn't believe him. So I'm asking, and yes its internet hearsay so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts