Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm not much of a revo shooter, but sometime ago I got a good deal on an used, IPSC-ready, 625 that had the hammer spur removed, has the ball detent, a set of Wilson springs, Millet reat and SDM Fiber Optic front sight. The package also included about 100 moonclips, 8 holders and a Safariland 002 basketweave holster. All for $400!!! :D

Anyway, since I intend to get classified in revo, I got the 625 out of the safe and took it to the range to start practicing with it. For the first practice session I was using Win white box (Wally-Packs). The gun is ACCURATE and the trigger is sweet. However, after some shooting the action would bind with at least one shot of every m-clip. If I pull the trigger REALLY HARD the action would go around but it feels as if I could break the trigger! :evil: :x

I don't have a clue of where to start looking to solve this. Could the cylinder be touching the barrel, or are the primers dragging on the breechface, or are the moonclips the problem???

Once more I come to you guys to seek guidance.

HELP!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm no expert here, but here's my two cents:

Make sure the moonclips are not bent. Try some new clips. You could even try firing without the clips, though you'd have to poke out the empties with a cleaning rod or pencil. If the cylinder still binds when firing without the clips, you can rule out the clips as a possibility.

Also, consider the usual suspects: 1) Try different ammo; 2) Check the cylinder (front and extractor star areas) and forcing cone for crud and clean if necessary.

Also, try dry firing around the cylinder a few times each with the (unloaded!) gun in various positions (e.g., upside down, pointing down, pointing up, etc.). If you get binding, you're likely looking at a mechanical problem.

Also, take a look at fired brass to see if the primers are backing out or flowing into the firing pin channel.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think that covers everything user serviceable. My first would be under the extractor followed by looking at the front of the cylinder for drag marks. When the ball detents are put in it is possible for the yoke to get out of whack.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Also, try seating some rounds without the clips. Number each chamber with a magic marker and see if it is one or two chambers that are always giving you problems. I have see buildup at the shelf that is hard to see and will sometimes cause rounds to bind in those chambers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts