Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first rifle was a very well worn Winchester 1890, so as one can imagine; I’m rather partial to those Winchester pumpy-guns. Last summer I scored a LNIB Rossi 62A for my little boy and he just loves it. Great little rifle, shoots lights out, works perfectly; everything is as it ought to be. So my little boy is covered, now my daughter wants a .22 rifle. She takes a strong liking to MY Browning BL-22 Grade 2, and sucker that I am, I just cave and hand it to her. Kinda left me .22-less (not completely, but without a .22 I “love”).

Former co-worker gets in touch with me and she has a 99% Winchester 61 and a well worn 62A that has been re-barreled with a round model 90 barrel. The 62A is very interesting because It’s a “5 Spot” gallery gun. 5 Spot was a chain of shooting galleries in the Midwest in the 1930’s and they marked their 62A’s with a large cartouche on the stock, which mine has. The 61 has become “MY” preferred .22, so I’m good to go now. It came with a scope which I immediately took off, just don’t care to ruin the balance of these fine rifles by adding a scope. Plus I very much like shooting with open sights.

So now I’m a well stocked Winchester pump .22 man with a sample of all but the ’06, of which I have almost no interest. Fun stuff!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Congrats on the family and the rifles. Those will be great guns to raise them on. Also no better excuse to go plinking with 'em, I guess plenty of cans will be going ping in your future!

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gents... I miss you guys from time to time; I have to check in and make sure ya’ll have a pulse.

My kids have me busier than a cat trying to cover chit on a tile floor. But now that I have these cool rimfires, at least I can interest them in some range time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts