Gun Hub Forums banner

Question for Mas or anyone

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MarkG 
#1 ·
I've seen several pictures of Mas holding a police qualification target with the center shot out, and was wondering what the course of fire is exactley. I'd like to try it and see how I do. Thanks

#2 ·
Most start at 3 yd. with point shooting from the holster in two shot strings. Then to 7 yd., again from the holster in two shot strings but aimed fire. Back to 15 where it will be kneeling and then to offhaand with a reload in between. At 25 it is usually prone, and then right and left barricade (most use the weak hand on the weak side barricade. Total usually 50 rounds.

#3 ·
timothy said:
I've seen several pictures of Mas holding a police qualification target with the center shot out, and was wondering what the course of fire is exactley. I'd like to try it and see how I do. Thanks
If this is Mas' LFI course, I believe it goes as follows:

1. 6 rounds weak hand only, starting in the hand, from 4 yards.

2. 6 rounds strong hand only, starting from the holster, from 4 yards.

3. 6 rounds both hands, starting from the holster, from 7 yards, with a reload.

4. 6 rounds with both hands, from the holster, from the Weaver, Chapman, and Isoceles stances, with a reload between each each of the reload, and repeat, from 15 yards.

This is all from memory, and I'm missing at least one sequence involving various kneeling positions.

#4 ·
You're on the right track, Buzz. I can't remember it all either but you've definitely got some of it.

I believe the course is 60 rounds, max score 300.

I believe the shoot-relaod-shoot strings are 20 or 25 seconds, which are PLENTY of time.

#6 ·
Snake45 said:
You're on the right track, Buzz. I can't remember it all either but you've definitely got some of it.

I believe the course is 60 rounds, max score 300.

I believe the shoot-relaod-shoot strings are 20 or 25 seconds, which are PLENTY of time.
The time gets cut in the more advanced courses. I think in LFI-2, it was half the original time.

#7 ·
The LFI qual course is geared for armed citizens who often carry revolvers with speed strips, and is revolver neutral. 60 shots for 6-shooters & up, those w/5-shot guns fire five instead of six per string and shoot for a possible of 250 points instead of 300.

At standard speed:
4 yd: 6 shots, 8 seconds, weak hand only, starting at low ready.
4 yd: 6 shots, 8 seconds, strong hand only, starting with hand on holstered weapon.
7 yards: from here and back, gun is in holster with safety straps fastened and hands clear until start signal. Draw, fire 6 from preferred 2-hand stance, reload, 6 more, 25 seconds.
10 yards: 6 shots low cover crouch, 6 high kneeling, 6 low kneeling, 75 seconds.
15 yards: 6 classic Weaver stance, 6 Chapman (modified Weaver) stance, 6 Isosceles stance, 90 seconds.

In LFI-II, one requirement is to shoot this course at double speed on all stages. Triple speed in LFI-III, and quadruple speed in LFI-IV. 6 shots in 2 seconds one hand only, up close; basically, a one-handed Bill drill. Draw, fire 6, reload, fire 6 in 6 and a quarter seconds.

#8 ·
When you going to post this year's LFI schedule Mas?

#10 ·
Will y'all be coming to Tx this year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.