Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Sweeney, on page 165 of your 1911 book there is a chart about the guns that were built up for matches. I was wondering if you have the web address for that website? The only thing I've been able to find says that MIcro rear sights were used in 1961&1962. Since I have a Remington Rand that was obviously built up by a military armorer into a NM gun Iwas wondering if that was true. This 1911 I have looks like they worked it over and it went straight into storage, it doesn't look like a round has gone down the tube.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I built guns in the USAF from 1959-1962 and saw guns from all the other services. All, to the best of my knowledge used Bo-mar sights.

It is certainly possible that some GI armorer built a gun on the side and used Micro sights but I'm pretty sure they were not an issue item.

·
Registered
430 Posts
CP & Bearcat6

I have a series 70 Colt .45 ACP that I mounted a Bomar sight on. It fit the slot with no problems. I also had to stake a higher front sight on the slide.
It is not exactly a tack driver but it is accurate enough for me.

BobMac

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
One thing to note is that Bob Korzeniewski (Bo-Mar) only designed the sight rib. The actual sight we associate with the Bo-Mar Deluxe BMCS was patented by George E. Elliason: US Patent #D191,112.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input everybody. My 1911 has an SA mark on the right side of the slide just above the front of the trigger guard, it has NM marked barrel and bushing, it is also marked NM on the trigger guard right below th SA mark. It has Micro rear sight and a ramp front sight. The trigger appears to be aluiminum, with an overtravel screw. The trigger pull is excellent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts