Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading. You may have used your last round, and he may not be properly dead and still spiteful.”

Major Hugh Pollard

I dunno, I liked it... :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Sure does.

As an aside, I watched "Zero Dark Thirty" the other night. It was really pretty good. More about the the young lady CIA operative that spent 10 years tracking bin Laden down. The raid itself was the last 30 minutes or so.

Anyway, they were brave enough to show the operators, when they came upon a downed opponent, putting another couple of "let's be sure" shots into the prone bad guys. I've heard that is pretty standard procedure in operations like that one.

And another "Makes sense to me" moment. (Sorry, Charlie.) :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
"When in trouble or in doubt, shoot 'um up and then cut out!" Chairman Mao loosely translated.

"Your LIFE has infinite value, you are only issued ONE, ammo is cheap, use it!" My Drill Sergeant c. 1972.

Geoff
Who notes some strange snippits of advice are triggered out of his back brain by very odd stimulus.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
"Never advance cheerfully on your late opponent without reloading."
...a dictum violated in spades by one of SFPD's (fictional) finest:

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?"

"I gots to know."'

Click.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
...a dictum violated in spades by one of SFPD's (fictional) finest
Indeed. It is clear that both times when he gave that speech he knew how many rounds were left in the gun. I believe both times he knew how the recipient of the speech was going to react, too.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

"Anything large that can rise up and tread upon or claw you, shoot it twice."

Harry Selby, Professional Hunter
1952, Kenya.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
They're called 'anchor shots' for a reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts