Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I thought things were going smoothly . . . my third ChargeMaster is beginning to show signs of imminent failure.

I bought my first in 2008. Used it a bunch [successfully] at first, then let it sit for most of a year. When I took up reloading again, it failed. Would not go through the calibration routine.

Out of warranty, it cost me $40 plus shipping for a new one from RCBS, my second new one. This one failed in less than two months. The motor that trickles the powder failed to run.

RCBS was great that time. They sent me my third one immediately, under warranty, and included a 'pick-up' shipping label for the second unit.

That was two months ago to the day. The third one has been working perfectly until this morning. Now to get this one to go through the calibration process, it requires several button presses to get it to respond at each calibration step. It still works . . . but RCBS will receive a call in the morning to see about acquiring a 4th ChargeMaster Combo.

I'd be interested in other's experiences with this scale/dispenser, good and bad. When they work, they are great.

DON

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I haven't heard of any specific problems with it.

I used one for a time for the purpose of a review and had no problems but the time was relatively brief.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Followup to my original post. RCBS has great customer service. They shipped another new ChargeMaster the same day I had called them about the problem with the 3rd one. They also included a UPS prepaid shipping label.

Received it last night and it seems to work fine. The last two only worked for about two months each . . . so time will tell. They admit they had some with bad circuit boards. Apparently my luck of the draw!<g>

These things work 'slick' when they work . . . fast and accurate. Hopefully the problems I've had are now a thing of the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts