Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not find my regular lube at the store so bought some Hornady One Shot. Had 2 stuck .223 cases in a row! WTH! After punch, hammer, and copper tubing cutter....I read the instructions on the can. I did not wait the 1-2 minutes after spraying the cases for the lube to dry.

Reading is fundamental...DA!

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
You know what they say: If All Else Fails, RTFD! ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used One Shot for years and never had a stuck case, but I always went through the cases on the block smearing it out evenly around each case with my fingers. I switched to a lube wax that was a lot cleaner than One Shot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched to PAM....you know...the cooking pan lube..
no more problems other than the wife is wondering where the PAM cans are going?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Luigi,

Pams got to be cheaper than One Shot. Hows that working for you? Anything special we should know?

danindayton
ilurjalot

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is about 25% of the cost and works great!

Just kinda oily...have to run the cases thru the corn cob tumbler media againto soak up the oil.

I usually clean out the primer pockets after sizing so I normally tumble again prior to priming.

also smells a little better......

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm loading .223, .308 and 30-06 on a Dillon 550. What I'm doing is full length resizing and loading in one pass around the tool then tossing the loaded cartridges in the tumbler for 15 minutes or so to get the lube off. I haven't had any problems. I'll give the Pam a try.

Thanks,
danindayton
ilurkalot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts