Gunhub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help...My father gave me his Garand. While checking it out I noticed that the windage knob does not click. It moves freely but no click. I know that my M1A windage knob clicks and its the same sight system. Any ideas whats causing this and how to fix it. :?:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are the raised areas under the windage knob (on the receiver) worn off? How about the tabs on the underside of the windage knob? Can you tighten the "nut" in the center of the windage knob to the point where the knob won't turn?

Dillo

·
Registered
379 Posts
If I remember right, (don't have one in front of me) there should be raised areas on the underside of the knob that correspond to the raised areas in the receiver. Yours may be worn off or ? If this is the case, knob replacement is a fairly easy and inexpensive fix.

List, am I correct here?

Dillo

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Maybe I don't understand the question, but the windage knob does not "click" like the elevation knob. The windage knob raises out of it's detents and drops into the next set of notches. One revolution of the windage knob is only four "clicks" whereas one revolution of the elevation knob would be 30 or more clicks. Sorry if I'm not following you.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Click

That's the way a windage knob is supposed to work. No clicks but turn as you described. Does the index mark move either right or left depending on the way you turn the windage knob? If it does, it's working properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts