Gunhub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aperature of my rear sight is not concentric. It is in the lower half of the circular portion of the rear sight. Is this normal? My M1-Carbines, 1903A3 and Ar-15 have the aperature in the middle. Any special reason why the M1-Garand one is not the same? Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If I understand you correctly, it's probably just yours. Mine seems to be right in the middle :-?

·
Registered
914 Posts
mine is in the center as well.......could be that you got one that may have slipped through QC, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal, you should still be able to zero the rifle, as it should not interfer with obtaining a sight picture to the target. if it bothers you you might be able to buy just the rear peep sight, without having to buy the enire rear sight assy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's definitely not in the center like my other rifles. It lives on a CMP Greek Collector Grade Springfield that I just received. My first Garand. Lots of consecutive 5's and 6's in the serial number. A little pricey. It shows some wear on the edges, the stock is in better shape than the other wood, but overall this rifle is better than most all of the other Garands I've seen at shows and such. I'm hoping to get some range time this weekend...if it ever stops raining here in soggy South FL. Thanks for the replies. I'll see how it shoots before deciding what to do with the aperature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts