Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought a new MK9 Elite 2003 and so far it has performed flawlessly. The only "problem" I have is racking the slide with these old, weak hands - the factory standard recoil springs in the MK guns is said to be at 20.5 Lbs, I wonder if reducing it to the 18.5 Lb Wolff offers will perform well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd try to deal with it for a few hundred rounds. My P40 softened up quite a bit after 500 or so rounds. I personally do not like to use lighter main springs as I worry about beating up the frame/stop by being hammered by the slide if this makes any sense.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ScrubJ - You're probably right. Also, technique makes a big difference; I'm trying various ways to cope with my "problem", and it's working. I recently replaced the plastic guide rod with a stainless steel guide rod, among other things, it is supposed to improve the recoil... I'm still in the brake-in process and had one FTE, but I don't think I can blame the gun - I may have been limp-wristing a bit. Regards,

The Oldfella

·
Registered
14 Posts
Didn't know the MK9 came with a plastic guide rod...

FWIW, the guy that sold my my P40 told me how much I'd love it once I shot it. My first trip to the range had me wanting to carry it back to the shop and deposit it in a most unfriendly way right up his azz. I now have just about 800 rounds down the pipe (another 50 this past Sunday), and carry it everywhere I go.

Best of luck with your little bottom feeder, I love mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts