Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking for a while about buying a GI M1 carbine to keep my bolt action carbines company. I have been reading this site for a while and have noticed useful comments and recommendations about legit dealers; as well as some to steer clear of, due to outright forgery and fraud. I have seen several adds over the years by a man with a Maine phone number who only lists the name "Charles" in his adds. He seems to deal only in M1 carbines and sometimes has a pretty varied selection in stock. His published prices seem to be a little on the high side, but he may have some negotiation room built-in. Has anyone done business with him or know if he is a reputable dealer/seller?

Thanks in advance-

G

·
Post a link and we'll take a look at them for you. Or, if you see something you like, tell us where to look and we'll check it out. Good move coming here, there are some very knowledgeable collectors here, with a broad base of knowledge. No one person can know it all, but collectively, there is a wealth of info and knowledge here that you would have tp pay hundreds of dollars for elsewhere. Use it, that's why we are here! :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have not delt with him but I have heard he is straight and fair. I have not heard a bad word about him.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That would be Charles Hadley. I've bought from him in the past and I can say he is probably one of the most honest and trustworthy fellas you can deal with.

His prices weren't too bad if I recall...something like 650 for a non import rifle and 550 for an import. That's not too pricey in my parts...

His number is 207-741-2655.

G

·
Oh, Charles Hadley is the Charlie you are talking about, very reputable. I don't know about the rest of you, but I will pay a premium to deal with someone like Charles Hadley, as you get exactly what you pay for without problems. That's worth quite a bit to me. I still haven't gotten my camera purchase finished yet from eBay, and it's been almost a month now. Very nice, since I told the guy I needed it badly..... :evil: CarbineFan, if he has an online site, we would like to know what it is so we can go look too! Thanks. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the info. That is was I was looking for; and hoping to hear. I don't know if he has a web site. I've seen his small personal ads in SGN for a couple of years; and was just gathering "dealer info" for future reference (near future I hope) for when I get my nickels saved. I have been keeping track of all your recommendations; to deal with, and to avoid.

CarbineFan

G

·
If it's Charles Hadley...(The Charlie you spoke of?) I know him..he's a great guy, and one of the most honest carbine parts and rifle sellers you can deal with. I would recommend Charles anytime.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
I will give you one caution about dealing with Hadley....If you call him on the phone, be prepared for a big long distance bill! He LOVES to talk carbines. And fwiw, he tends to downgrade the condition of the stuff he sells. If he says it is "fair" it probably rates good. If he says fine, then it is probably factory fresh! Definately a good guy to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts