Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I hear correctly? The sequel to Red Dawn has been completed, BUT the Red Chinese didn't like being cast as the villains in the movie - like the Russkies were in RD1? So, MGM, recognizing the Chi-com market is a lucrative one for movies, bent over and grabbed their ankles - and worked some digital magic to make the North Koreans the bad guys.
You know, this decision speaks for itself as to the conquest of America by a communist nation. It was 30 years ago we all knew who the villains were - the same bastards that make their nations border-to-border concentration camps - mainly the commies. But, it's a new world order even in lefty Hollywood.
So, here's hoping the North Koreans get their just desserts in Michigan (maybe stuck with mortgages wrought with balloon payments) - and if we can accept the premise of the NK presence near and around the Motor City, perhaps more sequels will be made - like maybe the Haitians will take New Orleans - and give it back -- or Samoans will paddle eastward through the Panama Canal and conduct a sneak attack up ther Potomac -- and upon landing, they get hopelessly lost on the I-95 (495-395-295) Maryland-D.C.-Virginia snaggle. :roll:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
jfrost, I read a letter to the public from either the producer or director of Red Dawn on Big Hollywood. He wanted to assure the public that the remake would be true to the original, that it will extol the virtues of patriotism, loving America, and being willing to fight and die for this country. IF it does that, I can overlook the change of villians from Chinese to North Koreans. Your right, the change is political-economic in nature; but whatcha gonna do?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
What I've heard is, while this change is real, the NKs were supposedly only a small part of the force that invaded. That (if true) would be somewhat sensible, as the NKs by themselves are hardly in any position to invade us. Most of their stuff is left over 1960s vintage ComBloc stuff and they don't have the navy and/or air force to get troops here.
The original was fun ... great 1980 cult stuff. It's based on, or atleast inspired by, a John Steinback book, The Moon is Down. That involved a european village invaded by Nazis in WW2. Milius transplanted the action and altered the villians.
So it won't really be the first time "changes" were made in the storyline .... :wink:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have also heard the studio's economic problems may have the movie indefinitely shelved.

The posters and stuff about the economy that were released in production notes were so "close" to current events it was scary (Chinese used the propaganda line that they were bailing out and rebuilding the American economy to justify the invasion.)

Maybe that plays in too, on the decision to shelve it a while, who knows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts