Gun Hub Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
GunGeek,

I can PROBABLY find you an 8-shot W/O too much trouble. = Several of the smaller SD/PD in TX use them & often trade them in to GT Distributers.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

IF I was again (unlikely given my age) an advisor to a foreign military/police force in Latin America, I would pick "Stainless Marine" shotguns. = The biggest problem that we had with any of the pump-guns was RUST, as the "rainy season" is LONG & it rains every afternoon there for 6+ months.

Btw, we had a FEW Winchester 1200 pumps in the inventory & those were "not liked" by our "range guys".
Otoh, the 50+ YO Winchester Model 12 riot-guns (with the metal HG & bayonet lug) WERE WELL-LIKED by all who got one.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

Btw, IF you were going to buy a shotgun for a 60" tall, 92# female & who wears a size 1-2 dress, which shotgun would you pick for her?? = My 12 gauge shotguns are "too much gun" for her.
("A certain XYL" has informed me that, "I'm NOT staying home, twiddling my thumbs, while you go hunting.".)

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
GunGeek,

WOW!! Eleven shotguns!!! = Sounds like me & my "addiction" to Remington pump-rifles.

Btw, I'm still looking for a Model 760 in .257 Roberts (preferably one with the "corncob" foreend.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
GunGeek has 11 shotguns? I've cut back to where I'm down to 6 shotguns. I'd settle for 3; both of my riot pumps and a 20 gage double.

stand watie, I like 20s for anyone, male, female, large or small. I don't do ducks or geese and a 20 will do just fine if you can figure out how to hit a South Texas white wing dove. :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
SW - I agree with Sam; 20 bore is the way to go (male or female). With buckshot (#4 or larger) it is absolutely devastating out to 20m. Most 20 bores are sized for the cartridge so with heavy loads felt recoil ends up being pretty dimilar to a 12ga. If she can physically handle a 12ga, you might find more options for reduced loads which can bring recoil down below that of a 20ga even.

I did manage to find at least one maker of reduced recoil 20ga buckshot.

Shotgun Ammo 20 Gauge Tactical 00 Buck Shot Specialty Ammunition

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I fired 30 more fiocchi low recoil 00 buck and 10 sellier and bellot full power 00 buck. It fired all 40 rounds with no malfunctions. Although I did spray some lps 2 heavy duty lubricant into the action and worked it in good prior to firing any rounds. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I guess it's possible.

Although, the ejection seemed very weak and it looked like it was barely kicking them out of the action.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts