Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A year or so ago I bought a Third Issue Detective Special at a local gun store. It was in nice condition, with few marks. It was, I thought, too nice to carry and shoot much, so I sold it.

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten my wife had liked it and had asked me at the time "Don't sell this one. I'll take it if you don't want it." About a month ago, she asked, "Whatever happened to that revolver I liked?" Hmm.

Fast forward to recently when I found this on GB with pictures poor enough to guarantee it would be overlooked, and no description at all beyond the bare bones brand and model. I hit the "Buy it Now" button and received, as far as I can see, a completely unmarked Third Issue Colt Detective Special. It has been fired, but not carried, and best of all, no one has monkeyed with the side plate. Timing's great, better than "acceptable." There was a lot of luck involved here.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Jaywalker,

I love it when a plan comes together.

I'd bet that you keep this one for "peace in the household". = CHUCKLE.

yours, sw

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm unlikely to get another deal like this off the internet, but the more I think about this, the more I lean towards more revolvers. There could easily come a time when semi-autos just aren't workable, whether by political machinations, or by old age and weakness - throw in a touch of arthritis and a revolver would be just the ticket. I won't find another one this nice for the price I paid, but maybe a lightweight Cobra?

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Thanks. I'm unlikely to get another deal like this off the internet, but the more I think about this, the more I lean towards more revolvers. There could easily come a time when semi-autos just aren't workable, whether by political machinations, or by old age and weakness - throw in a touch of arthritis and a revolver would be just the ticket. I won't find another one this nice for the price I paid, but maybe a lightweight Cobra?
I carry a Cobra often, I consider them ideal and I wouldn't let mine go.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Outstanding! Congratulations, Jaywalker. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers: Beautiful little Colt, there.

You and your missus enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I NEED one of those. I have a rare, unfired, never-installed genuine Colt 3" DS barrel waiting for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts