Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I think they should have allowed at least concealed firearms in my opinion.
Then who'd know you were carrying? I want to carry my mortar, my bazooka, my M60, my Vulcan cannon and my M1 Abrahms Tank. :help::help::birthday::angel::santa::shocked: :bolt:

Wait, I forgot: and my thermonucelar warhead.

Seriously though who'd know unless TSHTF.....and then maybe you'd SURVIVE. Maybe you'd be thanked. Maybe not. But you'd be alive to tell the tale.

Just don't do in carrying M4s and SKSes like those two Texas Turkeys did.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cap'n, my thoughts exactly. The anti's will ignore it and the unmentioned but statistically certain fact that the bad guys had illegally obtained and were illegally carrying their handguns.

Girlwithapinkgun, your right. But as Tommy pointed out, if you are carrying concealed correctly, nobody would know until you had to use it. I don't know if I would let signs like that bother me much as long as I was sure my method of carry was discrete.

Tommy, I worked around Minutemen III's for a long time. Never did figure out how to disassemble a MIRV, so they were a bit of a problem to carry around. Gave it up about a decade ago. ;););)

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop; All,

After a church in Daingerfield, TX sent out a "policy letter", several years ago, stating that guns were PROHIBITED on church property, a HATER of "church-going people", entered the church sanctuary during an evening service, chained the doors shut & started shooting church members with a shotgun, 2 pistols and at least one "deer rifle".
14 were killed or died of wounds and about 25 other members were wounded in the attack (The exact number of wounded is still "questionable", due to the fact that ambulances "scattered out" the wounded to several hospital & clinics in at least 4 counties.) on "them dirty christers", as the MURDERER described his helpless victims., according to THE STEEL COUNTRY BEE & THE TITUS COUNTY TRIBUNE
(The MASS MURDERER told the Morris County Sheriff about midnight & after his capture, "I ENJOYED killing them Bible-pounding (obscenity deleted). They got what they deserved and I'll do it again when I get outta here." - He also told the Sheriff that he KNEW that he was preying upon unarmed people in a "Gun-FREE Zone".)

NOTE: The mass murderer committed suicide, while in the Morris County Jail, according to the Chief Jailer. = He hanged himself with a sheet, twisted into a rope.
(SMALL LOSS, imVho.)

When the "news" came out the "news" media "flooded into" Daingerfield & prepared to do "hit pieces" on GUNS, "the Texas Gun Culture" & "violence in churches".
WHEN it was learned by reporters & "TV talking heads" that the shooter was an avowed ATHEIST, an ANTI-SEMITE, a radical LEFTIST AND a "Democrat Party activist" from Boston, MA, the "news crews" FLED Morris County & LITTLE was ever said on "The National News" after that about THE DAINGERFIELD MASSACRE.
(The only "major newspapers" that covered the massacre was THE LONGVIEW MORNING JOURNAL. and THE TYLER MORNING TELEGRAPH)

Fwiw, I lost 3 family members (my 2nd cousin, his wife & child) and several school chums in the mass killing spree.
Even in 2014, Daingerfield & Morris County, TX remains a "sad, wounded, place" and "a city/county in mourning".
BUT
The RADICAL LEFT believes that "Gun-Free Zones" are wonderful BUT citizens carrying handguns is "uncivilized" & a "REALLY BAD IDEA".

yours, sw

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Unfortunately, the lesson to be learned here will be lost on anti-gun zealots.
Lemme tell you how they think.

Robbery and no one was killed, only money taken and no one was killed; so all is good. That's how they'd see it.

And if I were in that place while the robbery went down, as long as I felt the only thing they were going to do was take money; I'd just let it go down. But I know there are many other people whom would immediately engage.

Situations like that are very tough to gauge. It's nearly impossible to determine of they are acting aggressively in order to frighten people into not messing with them, or their aggression is a prelude to murder.

So in a situation like that, you need a very cool head and a bit of street sense. And if you do decide to engage, you really need to shoot straight.

I personally would never shoot or kill anyone over something as trivial as money, or property. I don't own anything that cost as much as a defense attorney for a wrongful death suit. But if I felt for a split second that the robber really intended on hurting someone, it's on!

So my bet is the owner of the restaurant feels just fine about this. Or maybe it scared the living crap out of him to have someone point a gun at him and he knowing he was completely helpless to do anything to help himself or anyone else there. Let's hope it's the latter.

But the anti-gun crowd...they see this as a victory for their position.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Kevin Gibson,

YEP. The LEFTISTS, RANTING HATERS, "progressives", DIMocRAT extremists and other FANATICS, KOOKS, MORONS, LOONS, CROOKS & FOOLS will be pleased at their "win" until/unless the day comes when a criminal comes FOR THEM.

Should that BAD DAY come, they will HOPE that somebody has a gun to engage the HOME INVADER, RAPIST, KILLER, ARMED ROBBER or KIDNAPPER, before the criminal abuses or kills them.
(Btw, MANY of the gun-HATING elite have ARMED bodyguards BUT they want the "unimportant people", like you/me ,to be HELPLESS.)

As a friend of mine says, "The sheep will always hate the sheepdog until the wolf-pack comes into their witless life."
(As for me & my house, we will remain ARMED & READY to defend ourselves.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't you think that's a tiny bit of overkill... ;)
Yeah Charlie. Between that realization and the fact that I could go to the bathroom in the middle of the night with no lights on, I decided to change tactics. :bigidea:

But I did always think about the character in the movie Uncommon Valor. He wore a grenade around his neck, so that if things got too bad, he could just pull the pin and see what was on the other side. :D

SW, I am sorry for your loss sir. And not a bit surprised at the lack of response by the media once the facts were known.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Sonic just got a helping of this today, too... such a pity, I really liked their limeades.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
threefeather,

NOPE. Instead the anti-gunners are divided into:
1.The clueless "sheeple" that believe anything on TV, on radio or in the printed "news",
2. The ARROGANT FOOLS,
3. The Half-educated,
4. The cowardly lions
5. The hate-FILLED morons
and
6. The SELF-INTERESTED "public busybodies" that just want to be IN CHARGE of making everyone's decisions for them.

ALL of them make me NAUSEOUS.

yours, sw

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I don't give a damn if a "business" prohibits weapons -
I carry my 1911 [CCW/IWB] anyway.
As a former LEO, can't you appreciate what happens when people start picking and choosing which laws they will follow and which ones they won't?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sure I can "appreciate it", and I follow the law "religiously" EXCEPT for this one which leaves me way too vulnerable if I comply.

I can live with that and if my stand causes me some "problem" I can live with that too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts