Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you remember to watch it? I thought it was possibly the best episode ever, especially the last minute or so (no, I won't spoil it).

Oh my! I saw that coming from at least ten minutes out, and was fully expecting it, but it was filmed so skillfully that it was a complete surprise when it happened. :eek::eek::eek: I suspect the director spent some time brushing up on old Clint Eastwood movies for pointers on "how it's done" --that's how good it was. Definitely THE best scene in the whole series to date.

What WAS unexpected, though, was the reaction of the other major character in that scene--or, rather, the complete lack of reaction. Just 24 hours earlier, he'd have pitched a fit. Now, nothing at all. Oh, yes, he has changed.

Spectacular comeback for a series that at times was seeming to have lost its way. Still Snakeworthy, at least for now. ;-)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Did you remember to watch it?
Yep; concur on the "best episode" call and while I cringe at some of the tactical decisions that get made (or not), it's still one of the best things on the tube currently.

I think we can look for everyone to do stuff totally outside their characters this season.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I have it on DVD and will be watching it a few hours from now. Looking forward to it. Thanks for making me squirm in anticipation, Snake.:evil: ....... ;)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Watched my DVD this afternoon.
Snake45 said:
....I suspect the director spent some time brushing up on old Clint Eastwood movies for pointers on "how it's done" --that's how good it was. Definitely THE best scene in the whole series to date.
You know Snake, I suspect you may very well be right, I saw an element of ....shall I say, "Dirty Harry" there. Yup.:D

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watched my DVD this afternoon. You know Snake, I suspect you may very well be right, I saw an element of ....shall I say, "Dirty Harry" there. Yup.:D
And also maybe a little of The Man With No Name, Joe Kidd, Pale Rider, Josey Wales, and so forth. ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
And also maybe a little of The Man With No Name, Joe Kidd, Pale Rider, Josey Wales, and so forth. ;)
Yep. When I saw that scene, I told my wife, "Damn! He's a pretty good gunslinger."

I think the next 5 episodes are gonna be killer (pardon the pun).

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Oh, by the way, I've got a question for the rest of you following this show.

Now, didn't Rick give his Python to Otis just before his ill-fated trip to get medical supplies?

Rick still has his Python. Did I miss something (quite possible), or is this a continuity mistake?

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to thinkin'...one of the IPSC or other shooting competitions should have a stage based on this week's episode, called "Rick's 7-10 Split." From the leather, one shot on a standing target, pivot 180*, two shots on a "sitting" target--all done one-handed! Might be hard finding a range where you could do it safely but if you could, what fun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My IDPA range has left and right ports that normally use 4-5 targets. We'd just move the starting position forward so a safe180* can be achievable.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rather in-tense episode last night. Looks like the long days of yak-fests at the farm might be over.

The old Doc made a pretty darn good pistol shot against that one goober. Who knew he had game?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ol' Herschel had no problem handling that SIG. Maybe we'll get some back-story that reveals he was a Viet Nam era Marine or SOG member or something. :)

But the best, and most unexpected scene (for me, anyway) was Lori's manipulative plea to Rick to get rid of Shane...permanently. :eek:mg:

Appears to me Shane lied to the wrong lady.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
TAPED IT -- didn't watch it; beware those spoiler alerts!!!:D
But interesting news on Lori and Hershel....;)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TAPED IT -- didn't watch it; beware those spoiler alerts!!!:D
But interesting news on Lori and Hershel....;)
Here's an idea, Tommy. Don't read this thread on Mondays--you can pretty much assume we'll be talking about the latest episode. ;)

Is it Monday? Then this thread is an automatic SPOILER ALERT! ;)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I read it, I knew there were spoilers and I can't wait to see it... :)

Everyone else hereabouts except me apparently got the day off due to the 2 inches of snow we got yesterday...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I read it, I knew there were spoilers and I can't wait to see it... :)

Everyone else hereabouts except me apparently got the day off due to the 2 inches of snow we got yesterday...
Damn, Walt. Thought I was the only one with the Luck o' the Irish! :D

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Here's an idea, Tommy. Don't read this thread on Mondays--you can pretty much assume we'll be talking about the latest episode. ;)

Is it Monday? Then this thread is an automatic SPOILER ALERT! ;)
It really doesn't matter; I will be watching the show this afternoon.
I just like to stick my finger in the puddin' a little....:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone else notice that last night's episode picks up from POV outside the bar shootout of last week--and we hear three shots fired? Last week, five shots were fired inside the bar. :confused:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts