Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auto pistol

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to settle for one or the other to back up your MBR in repelling the invading hordes( :roll: ) What weapons system would you rely on and why?I'm currently torn between my G22 .40s&w and my M13or M1917 Smiths.I like the reliability of both,but I can shoot my revolvers better,but that darn glock holds 15 rounds....I guess that means I can miss twice as much before I reload? :lol:

Whats your personal inner conflict?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
That is really a tough one!! I love my semi's (and JR's) but I love my revolver also. If only they made the right ammo so that I did'n need those darn moon clips!!!! (I know they make the dang stuff, it's just so darned expensive compared to the standard .45 ACP!) Now, if I got to use JR's Randall 1911A1 for back up home defense or whatever, I would pick that in a New York minute :lol: . Love that weapon!! :D

edited cause I had punctuation issues! :(

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dang, you had to make it a hard one.

Do I pick my Blackhawk (old model) .357, my N/M Blackhawk .45 Colt, or my Springfield Armory M1911a1? God, I love all three.

I can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside with the .45 Colt but it's accurate enough at belly-to-belly range.

So that leaves the .357 and the .45 auto. And the .357 is more powerful and this pistol the most accurate I have.

So I guess I'll take the slow to reload but accurate as heck and powerful .357 Blackhawk.

But I wouldn't feel nekkid with the other two. :wink:

edited because I'm two-for-two at misspelling today....crap... :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
powerkicker said:
If you had to settle for one or the other to back up your MBR in repelling the invading hordes...
Given that question, and with the choices limited to one semiauto pistol or one revolver, I have absolutely no doubt that my choice is an M1911A1.

Preferably my own M1911A1, but I'd take any rack grade milspec M1911A1 nearly as happily (and yes, I'd take a rack grade milspec M1911A1 over most accurized M1911 pattern pistols).

I pick the M1911A1 unswervingly and without hesitation or "personal inner conflict" for pretty much the same reasons the majority of folks around here would pick the M1/M1A/M14 as the "MBR" the pistol would be backing up. What I shoot at, I will hit; what I hit will go down.

:lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
pistols?

What a conundrum! As much as I love my .357 magnum, but with the limited choice, I would agree with Mr. M1911A1 and choose my 1911A1 .45 automatic. I feel more comfortable with it and can control it better with one or two hands.

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
I'm with 1911A1, I know that the .45ACP works. Make mine a 1911A1! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
1911, hands down! Condition 1, *kocked* and locked. Let's Go!

Mike

edited to please the profanity filter :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
I'll probably start a fuss. I do have two Colt .45s, and like them both but now I would have to vote for the Glock model 21 in .45 cal

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Glock, the Timex of guns??? :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey, let's not forget the SIG 220 since we're on a .45 kick. I like the SIG 239/.40 for CCW even better. Full size 220 for exposed carry.

So, if you're in the streets with a MBR and your side arm is exposed, things are pretty dicey at this point. Heaven help us.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
1911 or a clone therof. My preference is a AMT Hardballer! Stainless steel (and sex app :wink: eal)!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would have to go with my K frame .357. Primarily because it was my primary carry gun for a number of years and it can shoot both .38 and .357 rounds of various shapes and quality without much fuss. I will say that my old Glock 21 was a great firearm. It shot well and held 13 rounds of .45, but just felt wrong to me. My Browning is much nicer to point and shoot, but I have much less time with is or any auto, so I'd stick with a revo.

Erich

·
Registered
109 Posts
the key word for me is ''hordes'',I would go with a 1911a1 with lots of mags.For use when my machinegun ran out of ammo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You know its a tossup.

Kimber High capacity .45 has the firepower.

But a Ruger Super RedHawk .44 Mag with full 7.5 inch barrel and fixed 3x9 scope has the style:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
357 - zero stove pipes and jams so far with mine. If you were to miss, the echo of your the 357 lets company know they are not welcome but as for most out of the box guns, revolvers are much more accurate as has been my experience.Best test of all if possible shoot 4 large mammals like deer with a 45 and then 4 with a 357 and draw your own conclusions. Revolver triggers are more forgiving.But the auto's are much more fun up close.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts