Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friends,

'As several of our members know, I've bought a Remington Model 760 Gamemaster in .300 Savage (which was assembled in AUG 54) and am interested in finding a suitable vintage scope for the rifle.

Unfortunately, I know almost ZILCH about what was/was NOT popular at that time in scopes.
IF anyone here knows that information, please advise.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Probably one of the Weavers, K4 etc.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
That's what I was going to say too. The K-4 was a virtual standard for years and they are all over E-bay and not expensive.

I'm pretty sure the gun is already drilled and tapped so a Weaver base/rings would be very periodish

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
That's what I was going to say too. The K-4 was a virtual standard for years and they are all over E-bay and not expensive.

I'm pretty sure the gun is already drilled and tapped so a Weaver base/rings would be very periodish
I concur with the above. ;)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have pics of my dad using some kind of 06 wearing a redfield on his hunting rifle as well- also lyman targetspot or jr targetspot with OUTSIDE adjustments- ie you adjusted the rings -the scope was merely telescope with a dot - those rings were precision made-and the scope was nearly as long or longer than the barrel

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The Weaver K3 with a German post would be the cat's arse. The K4 would run a close second. The K3 & K4 are fantastic scopes for their time; not a bad scope even by today's standards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts