Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just in: according to Neal Boortz, radio talkshow shockjock, the US Supreme Court has issued its ruling, stating that the second amendment applies to the states as well!!
Good news!!
Yippeee! They got it right!!

In related news: Atlanta Sentinal-Tribune opinionator Cynthia Tucker, Mrs. Brady, Mayor Daley of Chicago, all on suicide watch!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :p :p :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
It sure looks like the pro-gun side has the momentum now. Here in Michigan (a blue state, typically) we had our pistol "inspection" law repealed last year and this year there is a movement to repeal the pistol purchase permit law as well. Now we need to get a solid republican majority in office before any conservative supreme court justices retire. So far, we've been lucky that only leftist justices have been replaced.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I read the decision, but quickly and not carefully.
The original case was remanded to the previous court for a revised decision.
The Second Amendment was indeed incorporated to the several states, and their counties and municipalities, under the 14th Amendment.
Why the present-day Court did not reverse the Slaughterhouse Cases ruling is beyond me since, in the present decision, today's Court admits that almost all legal scholars agree that the Slaughterhouse Cases decision was not only erroneous, but also egregiously so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts