Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/04/09/segways-used-for-sniper-target-practice/

From YouTube and our friends at thefirearmsblog.com:

Check out the link to this high tech range in Australia. Targets can move in ANY direction at any speed from stroll to run. At the sound of the first shot, they all randomly scater. The robots can seek cover on their own. They can be programed to take other robots as hostages. With a solid head shot, the robot falls over for about 10 seconds, the gets up and acts as a target again.

TOO DAMN COOL.

I would pay good money to go here on the weekend just for fun. We need this in the USA...

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I hope they don't learn to shoot back ..... ..... :shocked:

·
Registered
840 Posts
How utterly neat-o!
I want some!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be awesome, but I'd hate to see how much damage from a missed shot into a robot would cost to fix...
Looks like they took that into consideration in the design. They look pretty well armored on the bottom. I assume you would have to really miss by a mile to take a head shot and have a round strike "below the waist" of the robot.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
It wasn't me, but we *have* been warned to watch out for the Stobor!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
A young friend of mine is a Uof MN grad student in EE, and one of his projects was making autonomous R'C cars that would learn from "traffic" and seek open lanes.

It only took a few hours of his work to re align his code to make the cars mobile and autonomous paint ball targets, each car got a corrugated plastic sign (like the ubiquitous campaign signs in every yard) attached to the top and a direct hit would lay the sign down and cause the RC car to "die" Much fun was had with this. He has also installed a fully autonomous paintball machine gun on his back porch to keep the goblins away from his parked car. If you do not know the machines cell number, it will blast you with paint balls as long as you are in range and in the 'kill zone" I will find some data on both soon.

·
Registered
840 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
...He has also installed a fully autonomous paintball machine gun on his back porch to keep the goblins away from his parked car. If you do not know the machines cell number, it will blast you with paint balls as long as you are in range and in the 'kill zone" I will find some data on both soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Were I a local 'teen, I would see that as a challenge. Thus eventually it may be considered an "attractive nuisance."

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Steve M1911A1 said:
[quote="guntotin_fool":35gvwsxi]...He has also installed a fully autonomous paintball machine gun on his back porch to keep the goblins away from his parked car. If you do not know the machines cell number, it will blast you with paint balls as long as you are in range and in the 'kill zone" I will find some data on both soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Were I a local 'teen, I would see that as a challenge. Thus eventually it may be considered an "attractive nuisance."[/quote:35gvwsxi]

Yeah, I thought it would be too, till I tried to run from his back door to my car, the effen welts stayed on my back for a week and half, tis not a pleasant sting.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts