Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever fired one?

Opinions?

I've very curious about these since they are smaller than my Sig 239 but still 9mm.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I have yet to see one but there has been a bit of discussion on The Firing line and The High Road. Mostly positive, IIRC.

Ed

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
There's also a good article in there about Commander size guns. :wink:

I have to say that Ed Brown Bob Tail is SWEEEEET! That got me very interested in Bob tails as I was already looking at Commander size guns. Dan Wesson makes a nice looking Bob Tail too.

Ed

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
CCM is going to be reviewing one and I'm going to get a chance to check it out. Looking forward to checking it out. They don't seem to be much bigger than an NAA Guardian .380, but in full blown 9MM... that's impressive.
They look good... very cool.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eric Rohrbaugh is going to be at the PA Gathering again, but I didn't get a chance to check out the pistols he brought last time. I am planning on putting in more range time and the Rohrbaugh is top on the list.

I had a Taurus T-85 38 Special which I hated and it took me a long time to settle on the Sig 239. I could use something just a wee bit smaller for summer time without much of a fire power compromise.

Reliability is my issue.

I saw a few malfuntions (which were blamed on limp wristing). If I see a day of flawless reliability I'll consider them. I heard they were kind of pricey.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Soda Pop,

What was your issue with the Taurus?

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The trigger.

I tried to go to my pistol range once a week just to force myself to get use to it, but all I ended up getting was a blister on my trigger finger. After about 4 sessions of shooting my finger didn't want to pull the trigger. Sound weird?

I had too much trouble keeping all shots on paper without a wild shot here and there.........and I didn't feel like doing any gunsmithing.

I picked up an S&W Model 19-357mag to solve my cravings for a revolver. One thing I've really learned is, I don't like snubbies.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Soda Pop said:
One thing I've really learned is, I don't like snubbies.
Yep, snubbies are for carrying, not for shooting!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Carry gun

Light gun, carry a lot, shoot a little.

Heavy gun, shoot a lot, carry a little.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
"The trigger. "

Something no gunsmith on earth could possibly even hope of helping...

Come on... so many guns have to get trigger jobs done anyways... this is just a nit-pick.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and I didn't feel like doing any gunsmithing.
And it hurted my finger. :cry:

It wasn't just the trigger pull.

It was the God awful grooved trigger.

I never felt the need to do trigger work to any of my 1911's, Beretta, Sig, S&W or Rugers.

I'm lazy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got a Rorbaugh R9 and a Naa .380 right here in front of me...

Both are patterns, as I am very poor...

My impressions...

Naa is SLIGHTLY shorter in height

Naa is SLIGHTly shorter in length

R9 is SLIGHTLY thinner

R9 is ALOT lighter...

yea I know what you guys are thinking...MAN that Dave and his fancy scientific way of speakin'...

You are very welcome.. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
OHHHH yea

BTW...

if ya think that they are pricey NOW ( I dont!) then after Oct. 15 ya REALLY not gonna like them...word has it that they are gonna go up by 15% because of the federal tax or something...

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
A drimel and a little patience will work wonders. One of my S&W 36s got it trigger ground and polished plus a set of Wolfe springs.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
When you buy a Dremmel... the polishing kit is the first thing you should buy for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts