Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 10AM Central time today Mitt Romney, the guy who lost to President Obama in 2012, announced that he would NOT be a candidate for office in the 2016 election, saying he'd prefer to leave open the position for a younger, conservative type -- someone possibly "unknown" right now.
Rush Limbaugh has since opined that last was a "shot" at Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, and other brand REPUBLICAN candidates whose names we know too well.
This has been covered by various news agencies. CNN apparently has a recording of the phone call Romney made to potential sponsors in which he made his earth-shattering ( :rolleyes: ) announcement.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Really don't blame the man. Now if only Hillary would become the next Harold Stassen!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I am stunned and shocked! The GOP loser set is getting smaller. His dive in the last election got him a solid 9.3 from the judges.

Geoff
Who notes it's disgusting when the only GOP candidate who tried to win the last two Presidential races was Sarah Pallin!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Romney might not have expected Jeb to run this time around.

I remember some GOP Candidates being surprised when George W. ran in 2000. Dan Quayle (Who I maintain would have done alright) said that was why he dropped out of that one early.

Call me crazy but I would love to see John Bolton get it. He is so the opposite of "style over substance" and he knows foreign policy backwards and forwards.

Mitt would make a good Senator if he could swing that, the problem is that Massachusetts and Michigan would be two tough places for any Republican to run for the Senate. He'd be a good man to have in the room for discussing economics.

It has been maddening the past 6 or so years watching "Bizarro world" decisions at the top. It is as if they look up the right answer and decide to do the opposite.

Update: Here are links to Ambassador Bolton's official Campaign sites:

http://www.boltonpac.com/

https://www.facebook.com/teamjohnbolton

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
What should be the qualifications of a US President. I'll thinking about a matrix, which will allow comparisons between generations. A few of the things which I think should be included:

Military Service
Business experience
Legislative experience
Governor record
Communication skills
Ability to speak to the people and sway opinion.

Geoff
Who notes Rick Perry would be the front runner except for public speaking and the fact Obama has indicted him for specious accusations of questionable worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts