Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mitt Romney Energy Independence Plan Makes America The Energy Superpower - Investors.com

What a joke...We're on a way to energy independence under Obama.

If Romney doesn't lift a single finger, we'll get to his 2020 goal anyhow; and it doesn't have anything to do with Romney. Bush and Obama get the credit for this, not Romney. This all began under the Energy Policy Acts of 2005 & 2007 under Bush; perhaps the only thing that guy ever did right (and he honestly did good with those two plans).

This was further accelerated under Obama's energy plans, and Stimulus money helped pay for making the theoretical technology a reality that is driving this new oil bonanza. Much of the technology was developed by private companies, but mostly using public funds. But now private industry is using new innovations and technologies to vastly increase US oil production for the first time since we peaked in 1971. Romney doesn't have anything to do with this, any more than Al Gore invented the internet.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
:poke::banghead:

Here......we.......go ........AGAIN!
Obama.... leading us to "energy independence"????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That's why he has denied licenses to offshore oil rigs .... that's why he's in a war against coal. Thta's why he gave half a billion to Solyndra ----ooooooooops, my mistake. That worked well, didn't it.:neer::neer::neer:

Sorry for the snark, Kevin. And Shrub Junior may have started it ....and Obama may have somehow allowed it to continue (guess it's OK to praise them) but God forbid we should praise Romney for continuing it if it was such a good thing.
:rolleyes:
"Stimulus money?" Last I heard 6% of it went where it was designed to. I'm very happy it so happened it was in the energy field where it apparantly did a little good.

What was that thing with Solyndra....again......:bigidea::dunno::ek:

I trust J.R. Ewing with our energy problems before I trust the U.S. Government. Especially under Obama.....as for Romney.....we'll see.....maybe.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're cute little anecdotes undo all I said? I didn't say this was about Obama.

See right there is precisely the problem. The right is too busy HATING the left to pay attention to what’s ACTUALLY going on.

You don’t care that we’re heading toward oil independence. You’re scared pissless that Obama could have done something right.

I notice you weren’t offended when I mention that Bush had just as much to do with it, but MAN did you key in on Obama like a drug dog to a weed stash. Doesn’t it matter to you what’s right and wrong?

Hey, I won’t argue your points of things Obama has screwed up; it’s friggin fact…he’s an idiot. What a surprise!

The right was really offended when Gore claimed to invent the internet. I’m just pointing out that mister slick tongue is trying to do the same damn thing.

Let me tell you something…if you spent ¼ of the time critiquing your OWN party that you spend hating the other; I probably wouldn’t be an independent anymore.

This thread isn't an "Obama is wonderful" thread; you'll never get that out of me. This thread is about calling a strike a strike and a ball a ball. And Romney saying he can make us energy independent when we're headed that way anyhow is a friggin joke.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
For your benefit I shall repeat one very important statement I made:

I trust J.R. Ewing with our energy problems before I trust the U.S. Government.

How does THAT specify Obama/Romney, or liberal/conservative?

Geeeesh.

When you're through worrying about how much the "right" hates the left maybe you'll glom onto the fact that the left hates the right, too. And maybe more energetically.

Politics is a tough game.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Oh, the white folks hate the black folks,
And the black folks hate the white folks.
To hate all but the right folks
Is an old established rule.

Oh, the poor folks hate the rich folks,
And the rich folks hate the poor folks.
All of my folks hate all of your folks,
It's American as apple pie.

More lyrics from Tom Lehrer's National Brotherhood Week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts