Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I'll start this.

My favorite gunleather is from Mitch Rosen. For the last 8 years, I have worn a full sized Colt 1991A1 GM .45 in a Rosen ARG on a 1.25" belt, along with his SOS mag/light carrier. This rig is so comfortable, I have been able to wear it for 16 hours a day, and even fall asleep while wearing it! Beat that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This rig is so comfortable, I have been able to wear it for 16 hours a day, and even fall asleep while wearing it! Beat that!
OK, ROFL. I HAVE HAD SEX IN MINE IT'S SO COMFORTABLE! :shock:
YES, WITH A BABE SO, DON'T START THAT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My most prized holsters are from Derry Gallagher. The quality and workmanship are superb and its nice to have a holster spec'd to your personal taste. On the down side, I've been waiting since August for my latest. When it arrives, and I expect it soon, it will be a horsehide tuckable Texican IWB for my Sig P-225.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My pickemup truck told me that GMC made its console so comfy that it doesn't hear any complaints from my LW Commander for weeks and weeks...

Truck doesn't complain, either.

Coronado vests work well, aussi.

:D, Art

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fernando Coelho said:
But did you use Rosen's Leather Lightning lube? :wink:
As a matter of fact, yes I did. Who knows, maybe the next time I get a holster I'll actually try it on that! :lol: :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
nemesis said:
My most prized holsters are from Derry Gallagher. The quality and workmanship are superb and its nice to have a holster spec'd to your personal taste. On the down side, I've been waiting since August for my latest. When it arrives, and I expect it soon, it will be a horsehide tuckable Texican IWB for my Sig P-225.
A good friend ordered one just like that. Three years after Gallagher cashed the check he finally shipped the holster. The holster had problems, but after all that he didn't send it back. Keeps trying to sell it to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am Partial to Alessi holsters. I have a Talon plus for every one of my SIGs (6) and several other pistols.

I use one of the no snap CQB's also.

I Use blade-tech mostly for IDPA with the 228,225,226.

I use a Blade=tech UCH tuckable often. I live in Arizona and florida, and I am fat and sweat alot. so the Blade-Tech works well.

also use Kramer,Horseshoe,Andrews,Hume,Galaco,Bianchi,Highnoon,Uncle mikes.

But am really partial to Alessi.

Fred

·
Registered
55 Posts
The changes from aging can make you re-think your carry. For years, my right hip was the carry-place. Now, I'm an inch shorter in the spine and have arthritis in my right shoulder. Hard to have any speed from that hip-carry, now; hurts, too, which is why I went to the vest.

Art

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Workman

Since I don't usually wear jackets or coats I've been considering the Rosen's Workman holster to carry my G36 and to be able to tuck in my shirt.

Has anybody used this holster? How do you like it?

Look forward from you guys.

Cheers,
8)

Nemo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nemo

I use a Workman Express line holster for my Taurus PT 145. and am very satified with it, although the belt clip is a little awkward and the regular belt loop on the full price model is probably the better way to go.

Phill

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Amusing anecdote about Mr. Rosen. I upgraded from a P226 to a Kimber CDP after a trip to L.I. last year and needed some new carry leather. Was preparing to order a new ARG from Rosen when my local gunshop guy offered me a lightly used one for 25 bucks. I bought it, of course, and called MR with a question. He initially sounded a bit irritated when I told him it was bought second-hand. His demeanor greatly improved when I told him that the original owner had passed on...

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I'm sure you didn't mention that you helped him along... :007:

I've used a Workman and liked it, but my favorite is my 10 yr. old ARG

1 - 20 of 44 Posts