Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting an LCP, for carry when I just can't carry anything larger. I'd like to hear from people who have LCPs and have used and fired them a lot. What kind of reliability can I expect right out of the box? Does the gun require a 100-200 round break-in period before it's 100% reliable? Can 100% reliability EVER be expected from this pistol, or any other subcompact .32 or .380? What ammo has performed best in yours? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I didn't keep score, but I may have had one or two fts in the first 50 rounds but none since

I'm partial to hydra-shok and gold dot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Not to try to find the best price on a new one.... I see some on the auction sites for around $250-260, with $20 shipping.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
They run under 300 locally, NE FL. Mine has never had a glitch, but I shot a lot of ball when it was the only thing available. It's still tough to find reasonably priced HP .380. Waring from the net, Fiocci HP ammo may be too long for reliable feeding in the LCP. For me Fiocci ball throws cases straight up and it comes down on my head, WWB has not been a problem. I had about 40 rounds of mixed .380 I brought down from Ohio in '04, it all worked including WW Silvertips at least 15 years old.

Geoff
Who notes he stepped on one round and wouldn't have fired it, except for the shortage, it loaded slow, but fired OK. Privi Partisan Ball as I recall.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This is the one revolver that my older arthritic firearms students seem to be able to shoot with consistancy. I put them in mid range wadcutters and they shoot away.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
threefeathers said:
This is the one revolver that my older arthritic firearms students seem to be able to shoot with consistancy. I put them in mid range wadcutters and they shoot away.
Revolver?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LCP and LCR are easily confused :).

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
bestseller92v2.0 said:
LCP and LCR are easily confused :).
We are all victims of the Public School "sight guess method" of teaching reading. It also helps me explain when I miss targets.

Geoff
Who notes a communist union education isn't worth what the politicians were paid for it...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
To feed my LCP I just bought 2 x 100 round boxes of Remington 88 grain .380 hollow points for $36 a box! Two bucks cheaper than WWB ball!

At a WalMart near you..YMMV...all disclaimers apply.

Geoff
Who took two days off to spend on the range....my wife has other ideas.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
That's a good deal... I'm also partial to their 102 gr. Golden Saber due to my fondness for bigger bullets... :)
Wasn't there a 107 gr Merkel cast bullet load for the .380 in the ancient days of the 1960s? And Shooters Associates Double Dimple projectiles?

Geoff
Who kept the 88 gr. Remingtons in the K-5 zone at 7 yards...and after he placed the target at an estimated by eye 7 yards, he measured and was only 5" long...no brag, jest fact. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Way back in the 60s I was an innocent young lad reading gun rags. I remember a review of the Walther PPK, it might have been by George Nonte. It included some reloaded ammo.

Geoff
Who is amazed by what he remembers...and wonders how much he has forgotten. :ek:

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
If I remember correctly, Speer offered a 100gr FMJ, and I've seen data for the Sierra 115gr JHP in .380 ACP. Then there was the special Super Vel load for Sionics/MAC that used a 130gr FMJ. Intended for use in suppressed Ingram M11 SMG, the quoted velocity was something closer to what we expect from factory 95gr FMJ loads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts