Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much soul(and reloading data ) searching, I just ordered a new Ruger No.1 in .218 Bee. I want to use the Hornady 35 gr. V-Max and the 40 gr. Sierra Hp's. Anyone do any reloading of the Bee? :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to say, not yet. But the same rifle is on my own "Short List". Congratulations on getting one, and good luck with it. I'll be looking foreward to seeing your posted results with this cartridge in the (hopefully) near future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.218 Bee

Munenn: Ruger No.1's are like Colt SAA"s. They look, feel and shoot great. And, they are made right here, in the good ol' U.S.ofA. :cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
retiredsgt

I'm no stranger to the No.1- I have 2. The first is a 45-70, and you're right- it's as handy as anything. No.1 #2 is a custom job with a heavy octagonal barrel in .300 H&H mag. That's my modernised "Quigley" gun, now that my Sharps is gone. I'm real fond of them both. Almost bought one in .218 Bee myself, only it was too heavy for what I wanted it for- I was hoping for the same balance and heft as the 45-70. Neat cartridge, though.

So, good luck with your rifle, and let us know how the .218 Bee pans out, okay?.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.218 Bee

Picked up my new No.1 in .218 Bee today. Put a Leupold 4 x 12 on it and fired some home grown loads. I used Hornady's 35 gr. v-Max and Lil Gun. After firing (and cleaning after each shot) the first 20 rounds, I tried three loads. 14 gr., 14.5 gr. and 15 gr. of Lil Gun. The last group of 15 gr. was the best. 3/4" group at 100 yds. Now a little fine tuning. Looks like I'll have my new Turkey Gun in operation by the star :cheers: t of this year's season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts