Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from Sturm Ruger concerning the new Mark III pistols. They wanted to know if I had sold it and if so if I would give them the purchaser's contact information. Luckily the gun is still in stock. They initiated a recall because of a problem with the loaded chamber indicator. They are mailing me the new part along with instructions on how to fix it. Once the box comes I will be able to give a full report of what thier paperwork says about it.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
This is unconfirmed...if a loaded Mk III is dropped and the loaded chamber indicator is struck, the pistol may fire.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I've heard of that on one of the forums, either TFL or THR. The LCI sits right up against the RIM of the RIMfire cartridge so if you hit it just right...

Also hearing reports of Ruger 345's that can be fired with the magazine removed, in lieu of the Mag disconnect safety.

Ed

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
As for the 345, that would be a bad thing how? After all, anyone following the simple safety rules wouldn't be pulling a trigger before ensuring that the weapon was REALLY empty?

Failure of the disconnect would be noticed when the hammer began to raise as you encountered resistance in the trigger.

As you may have surmised, I'm not a huge fan of magazine safeties. It turns a single-shot pistol into a hammer at the worst times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts