Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local Cabela's Saturday and people were lined up five deep and solid at the gun counters and the gun counters are long there. You had to take a number like at the DMV to get waited on. The checkout lines were about a block long.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My brother reported the same thing happening in Texas. With the way things are shaping up it's with reason too.

Amazing since on a number of blogs I read before the election the "Progressives" there were challenging anyone to prove that President Obama was in favor of gun control. When confronted with the many quotes available silence was their response until they posted the same challenge at a later time.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
TooTall; ALL

BHO is a LIAR & a cheap, scheming crook & THE TRUTH is NOT in him.

His "worshipers" are also LIARS, FOOLS & HATERS.

It's going to be a long 4 years.

yours, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
This afternoon I took a short drive to my local Academy Sports. Last time I was there there were a bunch of ARs and Sig Sauer 556s, plus various .22 caliber versions of these guns.
Today, NADA. ZIP. ZILTCH. Shotguns and bolt actions and lever actions, yes.
Plus the ammo shelves were pretty bare, though they did have some Federal 5.56mm. on the shelf.
It's a real phenomenon.
I didn't buy anything as I really don't need anything.
I talked briefly with one clerk I recognize there, who appeared rather flustered at the amount of business they'd done and that they had no more ARs to sell customers.....briefly got onto politics & Obama but I guess he didn't want to go there so I let that go.
Some interesting times await us.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was at Cabela's again yesterday now they have a sign saying " Due to increased demand there is a limit of ten boxes on the following ammunition,.223. 5.56, 7.62X39, .308, & 9mm No bulk sales." Very interesting.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Talked to an old friend tonight he P/U two AR's this past Monday and a quite a few 30rd mags.The word is that not an AR is to had on the coast?from the conversation as of now.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I did a brief local cruise yesterday, Walmart was short on ammo, but .40 S&W was still available in 100 round boxes and less. Plenty shotgun shells.
My LGS had a mostly bare EBR wall, still couldn't sell the FN .308, and had an odd ball looking SAIGA with a telescoping stock. The EBR magazine wall was empty except for some M-14 20s, US M=1 Carbine 15s and 30s, and some .22LR magazines for EBR .22LR purposes. Prices were up on the Bersa .22s I've been studying. $314 for plated.
Gander Mountain was out of EBRs still had some .22LR versions. They still had some bulk pack 9mm and .45. $90 for 350 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm, which was a decent price, but I had to take my Lady Wife out to dinner instead.
Did some Christmas shopping and got myself an expensive rubber band from Hogue to try on the Kahr. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Geoff
Who will hit the Big Gun Stores in Jax Monday just for the Halibut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts