Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
We have no problems with rising water, we're on top of a hill. It's the wind that we have to worry about. They've already announced schools are closed Monday and Tuesday and my home county has declared a local state of emergency.

All the rich Washingtonians with big summer homes on Fenwick Island better hope they have their insurance paid up.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Here's hoping everyone in the path stays safe.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
All is fine here on the morning after. Lots of rain and high winds but we had no problems. We never lost power like many around us. We were inconvenienced but safe for which we are most thankful. Thinking of others less fortunate.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear you are safe. Thanks for the update.
Looks like New Jersey and New York City caught the worst the storm could offer. Seventeen reported deaths. A thirteen to fourteen foot storm surge flooded low lying areas throughout the region. Downed power cables caused a hundred homes in Queens to burn, many of them to the ground. Power may not be restored for days.

This isn't over yet. The remains of the storm are dumping epic amounts of rain on central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Flood warnings are in effect. That water won't be able to run off fast enough. People have been advised to stay away from the Chicago shoreline because the wind has whipped Lake Michigan into a frenzy of twenty foot waves. The latest storm track has the system moving north towards Buffalo.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
All is fine here on the morning after. Lots of rain and high winds but we had no problems. We never lost power like many around us. We were inconvenienced but safe for which we are most thankful. Thinking of others less fortunate.
Good to hear! Sure looks like it is one heckuva mess in a lot of places in your neck of the woods.

I sure hope that everyone rides out this storm with a minimum of suffering. I know that isn't likely, but it is my wish...

...except maybe for Letterman. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Good to hear, where in Jersey are you located?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ocean City, NJ. I'm back by the bay and was a lot closer to it for a while there. About two feet of water in my garage but counting my blessings compared to a lot of others.

The photo is of a floating dock that was, well, a floating dock.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
So you're a "year rounder" eh? Glad to hear you are ok. Events like this really put things in perspective.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

WHERE is the HOWLING of the "main-SLIME media" about the FACT that the Obama MIS-administration has done NOTHING much but TALK & TALK & TALK about helping the people affected by Sandy?

Remember how GWB was attacked constantly during & after Katrina?

It comes down to this: ZERO is WORTHLESS & the media is COVERING UP for him & his regime of CROOKS, KOOKS, PERVERTS, WIERDOS & FOOLS.

FLUSH OBAMA.

yours, satx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts