Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on Scribd.com. Nothing earthshaking, but it does clear up a few points.

I was able to log in with my Facebook account. No charge for the download. Found no major complaints about this site using several search engines.

Official Sandy Hook Report

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Capt, considering how many companies are making AR platforms nowadays.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
"Bushmaster" used to be the name for AR-15s if you wanted a semi-auto "EBR" that atleast looked like the military issue weapon our soldiers used. Now we have Colt, Noveski, Bravo Company Mfg., Daniel Defense, Rock River, and a number of others. Bushmaster has plenty of company, and in fact is now Windham Weaponry. Bushmaster isn't even the "best" of the Ar types. Criticized by AR "purists" due to the fact it doesn't use "MPI" marked bolts, the barrel steel isn't the right kind, it isn't parkerized under the FSB, it doesn't have M-4 feedramps, and the gaskey is often not properly staked (recent made ones may differ in some ways) it lacks the "vitally" important "Mil Specs." that are the diehard hallmarks of the better ones like Colts and Noveske.
But somehow, the Bushmasters seem to work well enough, pretty much.
And like "Xerox" has evolved from a trademark name of a copymachine manufacturer into a generic verb meaning "to copy" the word "Bushmaster" is becoming the generic tag to hang on the Armalite Rifle model 15 when needed by the LameStream Media.:twisted:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bushmasters were/are made to a price point. As a result, they generally use parts that are less than stellar. Functionality and life expectancy are also highly variable and generally on the lower expectation ends.

Note: I am not an AR purist and regard much of the 'milspec' worship as pure BS. The comments above are based upon experience with industrial quantities of Bushies, or as we came to refer to them: Trashmasters. All of ours are now MILES weapons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts