Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Good LORD!!! That's a lot of carnage.

Apparently they haven't learned about seatbelts. That's a LOT of people ejected from the vehicles, which is almost always a fatality. Really, do they not wear seat belts in Saudi?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I always liked that one Walt.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The video is gone. If that was the clip of the tumbling car that ejected at least four; they didn't live. There are other videos that show some of the aftermath, severed limbs etc.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The video is not gone Phantom click on the title at the top of the box. ,Yes I can see some arms etc left on the road.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Sorry, I thought Middle Eastern car races always ended with a BOOM... LOL

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Maybe just a different culture. A lot of the street racing was done with trucks, etc. on the road, and crowds lined up watching. This tells me everyone knew it was going on, but it was on working roads. Not sure how traffic police are there. Maybe some of the racers are well connected. (Most of those truck drivers, if not all, are probably Non-Saudis who come in to work and have to deal with whatever while driving.)

The pickup trucks look to have been either doing a rally type thing a la Baja or just a plain demolition derby (which is pretty much how it ended up.) The one where a pickup takes it in the side, with the door knocked out and a guy just hanging limp out of the side is brutal.

So many people riding cars and trucks, hanging out of the windows during all kinds of turns, which is beyond dumb. A lot of them roll and there is no good to come from hanging out the window when that happens.

They need a serious Highway Patrol, and some serious race and rally safety. No hay bales, tire barriers, etc. anywhere in sight. It seems they mix tooling around in the dunes out in the desert with street racing. The only problem is if you don't have proper safety gear, that gets a lot more dangerous than it already is with such gear. Again, it seems to be cultural. There is a lot of safety gear, down to seatbelts, that doesn't even seem to be a thought to these guys.

I feel the worst for regular drivers who use those roads.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No wonder they won't let their women drive, I wouldn't want my wife driving there either.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Good LORD!!! That's a lot of carnage.

Apparently they haven't learned about seatbelts. That's a LOT of people ejected from the vehicles, which is almost always a fatality. Really, do they not wear seat belts in Saudi?
No point in seatbelts if half of them are already hanging out the windows.:eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Well, after seeing news reports on "drifting" I now think it is not fakes but positively wonderful evidence of criminal stupidity.

Maybe the proper punishment is to make them stand in the road and be run over. Survivors get to do it again...:evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts