Gunhub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attached one the $105 SEI mounts to my Norinco M14 last night, and it seems to point 'up' a little, relative to the bore axis. This may be workable for shorter distances, but I would think there's not enough downward adjustment in most scopes to compensate. Are there height adjustable rings that can maybe make up the difference, or do you think I should even bother trying to scope this?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
robbytheguy said:
I attached one the $105 SEI mounts to my Norinco M14 last night, and it seems to point 'up' a little, relative to the bore axis. This may be workable for shorter distances, but I would think there's not enough downward adjustment in most scopes to compensate. Are there height adjustable rings that can maybe make up the difference, or do you think I should even bother trying to scope this?
- if it's one of the early blued ones with the ground receiver, the only thing that's going to true is the old b-square mount that uses set-screws for levelling and has no horizontal bar- these have about a 15 degree cant right over the scope mount mounting hole to the right rather than vertical and aside from either going the b-square route or finding some way to level the top part of the hole to vertical, it's pointless- chances are even if you do find the rings,( typically there are 3 - short, med and high) you'll still have to deal with that cant- i'd just leave it irons- if you absolutely must scope it, one way to deal with it would be to grind off the horizontal bar and the vertical bar on the mount- then install set screws and tilt the mount to your liking- ie raise the aft section so the front is slightly declined

1 - 2 of 2 Posts