Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need "real world" opinions. Which is the best (not most expensive)
scope mount for a M1A?
Lots on mfgs. and styles out there but what have you installed on your M1A and how is it working out for you?
Some problems trying to get a mount fitted because of the demensions of the recievers.(no scope adjustments left) :x
All opinions appreciated. And thanks in advance. Mike.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
What flavor receiver will be mounted? Some folks call the M14 the M1A so just want to make sure what make of receiver you have for the project. What optics will be installed on the rifle? Extended Eye Relief model? ACOG? Dot sight? 56 mm objective lens? Night vision?

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
The cheap Chinese mount worked very well for me, for my purposes--occasional/casual/range use. I did a brief report on it here:
http://www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... ight=mount

If you are having mount issues with others, however, you'll probably have issues with this one, too. Sounds like your receiver is out of spec in the scope mount area, which seems to be fairly common.

I'll probably be laughed at for saying this, but I find that I can often get along just fine with something "less" than the "best" or most expensive product on the market. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for (if you're lucky), and sometimes you can actually get a whole lot MORE.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No scope mount mounted at this time. Looking for ideas/opinions as to which mount would work out best. Standard side mount in mind. No EER. Just top mount to see the targets better.
Looking for folks that have had a mount installed on a "high round" rifle and how the mount has held up for them.
In my case, Fed. Ord., all GI with high round count. Never misses a lick! Maybe 5000 rounds fired and reliability that is hard to believe. Shoots better with younger eyes at the sights. :oops:
Not out to impress anyone, just looking to be able to see the tragets better.
Know what I'am aiming at, just can't see it like I use to. :lol:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Old school answers:

I didn't like the Brookfield, but it was the easiest to get to work I've tried. It sat the scope up HIGH, which did nothing for me. I never had problems with it.

The ARMS (again, old school) was difficult to get to work - follow the instructions if you want a guarentee of it coming off. They can be forced to work, and allowed a low-mount. That's what I run on my scoped '14's, just 'cause when I was doing this, those were the only two mounts on the market.

The one I'm gambling on at the moment is the LRB M25 receiver. I'll pay that puppy off ASAP, been waiting for almost 2 years.

Elsewise, I'd go with something OTHER than the ARMS or BPT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts