Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you aren't already, it's a good time to join up. Dues are modest ($15 per year/$150 Life) and they're the folks who brought you Heller vs DC and McDonald vs Chicago among other landmark decisions. Donations are tax deductible.

If you haven't heard, Mas Ayoob is the new President, I think Alan Gottlieb is expecting to be in court a lot.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
William R Moore,

Count me IN.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I am going to jump right in there too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
A little late, but I joined up about the time this thread went up.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
It's not the NRA you need to replace; it's Wayne La Pierre. 😕

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Gotcha Top, but the two (LaPierre and the NRA) are so intricately intertwined that separating them might well kill either or both. He's like an inoperable cancer...can't live with it in you, can't cut it out.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Sadly, I think you are right.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Been rolling with 2AF for just under 20 years now. The NRA is a hopeless corrupt mess. LaPierre is the worst thing that ever happened to the NRA...biggest douche I ever met.

Meanwhile the 2AF has been killing it, ACTUALLY doing the job they say their going to do...what a concept.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Gotcha Top, but the two (LaPierre and the NRA) are so intricately intertwined that separating them might well kill either or both. He's like an inoperable cancer...can't live with it in you, can't cut it out.
I've been analyzing the NY case to yank their charter...and while it is a bit of a liberal attack, there's also a LOT of legitimate stuff in the complaint. If they can prove just 10% of it, the NRA is sunk. And let's be honest, we all know the corruption is true.

Objectively speaking, NY does need to defend the standards of a non-profit. Let the NRA get away with it, and you have to let everyone get away with it. And yeah, I'm sure there are liberal organizations getting away with it, and NO I don't think it's being applied even handedly...that never happens.

But what does it mean? Well, the NRA would just re-charter in another state, and they'll continue on business as usual. So the whole thing is much to do about nothing when all is said and done.

The bigger issue is...When will the membership demand the NRA stop being a slush fund for the execs?

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Ya'll need to pick Dean's and Charlie's memories from 40 years back when they tried.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
But what does it mean? Well, the NRA would just re-charter in another state, and they'll continue on business as usual. So the whole thing is much to do about nothing when all is said and done.
My question is, what kinda morons does the NRA have for Corporate Counsel that they didn't start organizing an Escape From NY a LONG time ago?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts