·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=500147&GT1=28103

<http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=500147&GT1=28103>

William Shatner to star as dad in new CBS comedy
May 18, 2010, 5:34 AM EST
NEW YORK (AP) -- William Shatner will star in his first sitcom on CBS next season.

CBS has given the green light to a show, "Bleep My Dad Says," on which the son of Shatner's character has more than a million followers to a Twitter account where he writes down his father's musings.

A person familiar with the development process who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the person wasn't authorized to talk about CBS' schedule says the Shatner series is among six new ones the network will add next season. The shows include a spinoff to the FBI profilers drama "Criminal Minds" and a remake of the 1970s police series "Hawaii Five-0."

Related: 2010 preview of fall TV

CBS also is ordering a comedy about a couple who meet in a support group for overeaters, a cop drama with Tom Selleck and a Las Vegas-based legal series.

Any chance the Selleck series will be a Jesse Stone series?

Imagine if they did a crossover with Selleck's series and the new "Hawaii 5-0" :D

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I've heard about the remake of "HAWAII FIVE-O." I've sort of been looking forward to it. Actor Alex O'Loughlin apparantly has been tapped to play Steve McGarrett in this iteration. O'Loughlin starred on the short-lived vampire series, "MOONLIGHT." I am curious as to what they're going to do to this iconic old TV show (currently being released on DVD for those interested).
As for Selleck ... I don't know. A Jesse Stone series would be interesting, but TV series sometimes have a habit of burning out and I'm enjoying the movies enough to hope they keep up those. A weekly show can be a grind if it isn't backed up by good writing.
As for Shatner .... at pushing 80, he seems to be emulating the energizer bunny. Sorta miss "BOSTON LEGAL". This new series doesn't sound as promising ...but who knows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts