Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Been watching "Sherlock" on NetFlix and it's great. If you get a chance to catch a few episodes, I think you'll like it. The dialogue is very good, as is the acting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only seen a couple of the new versions of the Arthur Conan Doyle plot, Kevin, but did enjoy them a lot. Helps if you are somewhat familiar with England, I think, which I am, having lived there for almost 9 years. Benedict Cumberbatch (excellent name!) does really well as Sherlock.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Benjamin ("KHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!") Cumberbatch doing Sherlock Holmes? He's surely qualified. I don't get netflix.
Back in the mid 1980s British actor Jeremy Brett did a great version of Sherlock Holmes that was run on PBS here. Have that all on VHS.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Benedict Cumberbatch is an excellent actor, and in this modern twist on Holmes and Watson, he is absolutely outstanding. The series is exceptionally well written and produced. It's a step above what we see on US television. Cumberbatch has become a very well renown actor which is endangering the series. At some point they're not going to be able to afford him. This next season almost didn't happen. If you can, I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I'm sure you're right but as I said I don't get netflix.
My previous post was meant as praise for Cumberbatch and my belief he could do a very good Holmes.
But, without netflix I'm stuck with my videos of Jeremy Brett.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts