Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last month i was sent to vegas for a work thing. i got a little spare time and went to 'the gun store' and rented a HK MP5. it was kinda spendy, $40.00 including 50 rounds of ammo. they only use the frangable stuff PMC GREEN, if memory serves. i bought an additional box at $15.00 for a total of 100 rounds. four 25 round magazines.
i am here to tell ya it was soooooo much fun.

here is a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
When the fight starts, I'm on your side ...

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bdhawk --

"The Gun Store" is a fun place isn't it??? In 1997 I was in Vegas, and took a cab over there to rent a UZI and put some rounds down range. I had a target similar to yours, but lord knows what happened to it during the turmoil of divorce. (6 years later and there is still SKADS of stuff I have never found -- ex either threw away out of spite or took!)

That experience at "The Gun Store" set me out in search of MY "Holy Grail" --- and I finally found it in 2000 sitting in a shop 150 miles from me at D&D Guns. I got a closed bolt Uzi Micro 9mm w/folding stock (like the Secret Service carried) along with a Bowers suppressor. Nothing like putting 1400 Rounds Per Minute downrange (Thank god for extra mags and a speed loader!)

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually the head shots were the range master's idea, sorta. he said, why don'tcha try a few head shots.

i didn't have to try 'em, i knew better, i just couldn't help myself. i am weak.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
bdhawk said:
actually the head shots were the range master's idea, sorta. he said, why don'tcha try a few head shots.

i didn't have to try 'em, i knew better, i just couldn't help myself. i am weak.... :wink:
Such weakness is forgiveable.... :wink:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
mikegunner said:
That experience at "The Gun Store" set me out in search of MY "Holy Grail" --- and I finally found it in 2000 sitting in a shop 150 miles from me at D&D Guns. I got a closed bolt Uzi Micro 9mm w/folding stock (like the Secret Service carried) along with a Bowers suppressor. Nothing like putting 1400 Rounds Per Minute downrange (Thank god for extra mags and a speed loader!)

Mike
Mike what is required in WV to have that legally? Do you have a class 3?

Ed

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
SpecialED said:
Mike what is required in WV to have that legally? Do you have a class 3?
Ed,

I only have a Class I FFL --- I personally have 5 Class III items that I have on Form 4's --- Check with the laws in your state, WV's only requirements are the BATFE's -- I had to have the signature of one of the CLEO's in my area (The Prosecuting Attny signed mine). And each item required a $200 tax stamp payment.(This is a one time fee). The nicest part for me about buying from D&D is that the owner is a former WV State Trooper, and he is was able to do the required fingerprint cards without having to go to a police station. Also, he took digital pictures of me and printed the forms on a color ink-jet printer which saved me from having to go have passport photo's taken to attach to the forms.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts