Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

Just a note to say SHOOTNG GALLERY's new season is up and running this week. I KNOW we're still in the Sunday 10:30PM Eastern time slot. I THINK we're also back to the Monday 4PM E and Wednesday midnight E slot. Gotta love schedulers!

Our unprecedented high ratings have held through the first season of repeats, so we're all still Happy Campers.

This season we tried to focus on the "take-home" value of the shows, plus strike a few blows for political correctness-once Ted Nugent called us "the ballsiest show on television," what else could I do? Out of 13 shows, I figure there's about 10 with stuff noboody's EVER seen on teevee!

As mentioned here before, we did the National Tactical Invitationals --where, as I've also noted, filming in a 360-degree shoot house is a true ulcer-producing exercise!) and the Sportsmen Team Challenge (which has some really cool stuff in it).

For Season 3 (January 2005), we'll have our annual coverage of the Steel Challenge and Dave Lauck's International Tactical Rifleman Championships in Wyoming.

In other SHOOTING GALLERY news, we won two major prizes at the NSSF/Outdoor Writers "Good Shots; Great Stories" competition--a first for the TEQUILA episode and a third for the I'M WITH WALT IDPA episode, in a category previously totally dominated by ESPN programming.

Season 3, we'll begin our transition to HDTV in anticipation of the new all-HDTV Outdoor Channel. Great big cameras, but, man, the images make it worth it.

The new COWBOYS! show is on schedule for a January 2005 premiere (26 episodes of SG; 26 episodes of COWBOYS!...good lord, what was I thinking?), with Richard TEQUILA Young hosting.

We're still on target for the first Outdoor Channel Cup competition. My current thinking is October at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio. Lots of details still to be worked out, but I feel pretty good about this. Dave Arnold has already signed on to handle overall match duties; I'm hoping to snare USPSA 3-gun god Troy McManus as Match Director.

I'm hopeful that we'll have a website BEFORE THE [fill in blank withfavorite expletives from DEADWOOD's Swearengen] GLACIERS MOVE SOUTH AGAIN! About which, more later...(steam...steam..I mean, 8-year-old girls in third world countries can get their websites up...what's the problem...steam...steam).

mb

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I guess with the success of your show it's going to be a long time before we find out what's happening in Kashi's life eh? :cry:

Since as I have said before, my local cable doesn't carry your network, will your shows ever be available on DVD? (Please say yes!)

Ed

P.S. Congratulations on your success.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah!

Am making a spectacular effort to be at least reasonably organized, part of which means dragging out the discipline to finish FIVE TO GO. I just went back and revised the first third of the book and started into the second third. I've also begun foraging for a new agent, which I figure will keep me focused. My new website is going up in the next month or so, which will include a page of excerpts on the new book.

I have to be doing something other than working on television shows, or I will go stark raving insane (I know; I know...how will I be able to tell).

mb

·
Registered
48 Posts
I stumbled onto Shooting Gallery last winter while on travel to the east coast and stuck in a hotel room late one Sunday night. I was pleasantly surprised. I believe it was the episode in which you visited Surefire.

When I got home from travel a few weeks later I was able to watch it intermittently. Wasn't sure which "outdoor channel" it was on, since I have two. My cable company just began offering DVRs, and I picked one up this afternoon. I reckon I'll have to program it to record the show.

Best wishes for continued success!

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
And Crimson Trace sent out a dandy suck-up press release touting their appearance on the first show. I believe they said Michael was "entertaining". Obviously it was some PR company that wasn't there :D

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I found Michael entertaining. In fact, describing him as entertaining may constitute "damning with faint praise."

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CeePee, you cute little wookie, you! Wait'll we get you on camera...can you say, "shooting groupies?"

mb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts