Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There is a silver version also. It has the usual 1911 ultra-lite hammer type.

*Photo comes from the Sig Forums.

Now Glock and Ruger need to get into the act... Funny how things come to full circle. Here I was led to think that DA/SA high cap, blocky pistols were the way to go. Musta not got the right batch of Kool-Aid. I'm sticking w/ Kimber though, thanks....

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
SIGARMS is introducing their new "Granite Series" at 5:00PM EST today. Here is the link to their New Products section.

First S&W and now SIG. :dunno:

Have to admit, it was a smart marketing move to pre-announce their new 1911 clone on the SIG Forum and have their Director of Marketing join the forum.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Fernando Coelho said:
SIGARMS is introducing their new "Granite Series" at 5:00PM EST today. Here is the link to their New Products section.
First S&W and now SIG. :dunno:
forum.
Is that what the GSR on the slide is for? Granite Series? Certainly an interesting looking gun.

Ed

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Fernando Coelho said:
They were going to call it the BHSR (Block Head Series), but they left that for Glock to use on future models.

Sorry...couldn't resist. :twisted:
I hope you have one of Schmitt's flame retardant suites! :p

I was thinking flat head but Harley has that wrapped up.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
$$$$$

Has anyone seen or heard an MSRP for one of these puppies?

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The Caspian grip safety would have to go away. I remember the first time I shot a friend's Colt XS Commander with the same grip safety. I don't think either of us finished a magazine before remarking that the safety's raised centerline rib was damned uncomfortable. It was the equivalent of walking with a rock inside your shoe. A Wilson #298 was quickly ordered to replace the part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reported to be $1100-$1200... Hope that is a lie.

You have to admit though, it's mighty tactical looking !

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
JGage said:
Reported to be $1100-$1200... Hope that is a lie.
Oh I'll bet that's just about right. (Sadly). It almost seems more of a Novaks pistol than a SIG. They really emphasize the frame to slide fit but I thought slide to barrel fit was more important for mechanical accuracy.

Ed

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Glock & Ruger

Glocks are really the 'Anti-1911's" aren't they?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a Novak pistol built by the late Joe Bonar and I'm sure it's better than that.

Hell, $200-$300 more your in Baer and RRA turf.

G

·
What was SIG thinking putting a rail on it? I mean I can see having such if your a LEO on a Tac Team, or if you want a dedicated bedside gun... but to come out with a 1911 with a rail as your only model - bad call IMO.

Does anyone even make a non-thigh rig holster for a rail 1911?

Now, the newest 1911 that is the Cat's PJs is the Kimber RCP!!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Schmit said:
Now, the newest 1911 that is the Cat's PJs is the Kimber RCP!!
I'd have vote for the Kimber Tactical series, Gunny. I'm partial to all blue and need an ambi-safety. While the photos don't show an ambi-safety, the specs call for one. I've already got a Kimber Combat Carry from the Custom Shop. It's a fine machine - but with the satin staniless slide like the current Pro CDP II.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RCP ??? What is that ?

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Per Kimber

Refined Cary Pistol (Very sophisticated, you have to stick your pinky out when holding it :lol: )

·
Registered
356 Posts
The important part of this announcement is that it is the Granite Series. Watch for some more announcements over the next two years. :wink:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Kudos to the Marketing team

Whatever your feelings about the pistol, I think the Marketing team deserves kudos for this one. (for a change) Whoever came up with "Granite" series deserves a raise. There are so many tie-ins.

The obvious realationship to NH, "Strong as a rock," "rock & roll, "rock solid," "rock steady," etc., etc.!

In a way it's a crossover thing like when Japanese bike makers sarted making low-slung v-twins to get some of the Harley market. Of course as far as I'm concerned, never the two shall meet. At least SIG didn't make it a DA/SA.

Ed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I saw that you were discussing SIG's and was wondering if anyone one knows what gun Jason Bourne finds in the saftey deposit box in The Bourne Identity. Was it a SIG P-228?

Thanks 8)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts