Gunhub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put Tritium ghost ring sights on a small .45 ACP rifle with a straight bull barrell. Does anyone know the rule on placement of sights, particularly the height relationship between the front and rear sights to the bore? It looks like they will be about 16 inches apart and the rear sight around ten inches from my eye, I thought a ghost ring set for a shotgun would work. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have sights now, but I'm going to change the barrell. Currently there is a tapered barrell with iron sights with a very small notch in the rear. The sight radius is now 13 5/8" and the top of the rear sight appears to be .055" higher than the top of the front blade.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Well, to keep the same upslope of the barrel relative to the line of sight, you'll want a rear sight that is about 0.065" higher than the front sight with the longer sight radius. Of course, using ghost rings, your measuring point for the rear sight will be the center of the ring, and the measuring point for the front sight will be the center of your aiming point... perhaps the top of the blade, perhaps not, depending on configuration.
I am not sure that maintaining the current relationship between the line of sight and the bore will be adequate for your problem, since you are changing the barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts