Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion that a definitive sign of the fall of civilization, if not the apocalypse, is the disturbing number of people who refuse to flush a public toilet after use!

:soap::soap::soap::soap::censored::censored::censored:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Back in the seventies when I was in college we had a drought here in California. Someone coined the phrase "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." in an oblique snark about Moonbeam. I'm waiting to see this recycled for the sequel. :D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That phrase was originally (I think) said by one of the more famous named New York mayors (whose name fails me at the moment) during a severe drought years ago. He, in fact, said it to school kids too.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could handle a little tinkle in the bowl. I'm talkingabout full blown sewage!:shame:

I mean come on! Do they download in their house and just let it float? Aww hell, they probably do. But why can't just hit the handle or button or whatever?

Back to my original premise. Does anybody whose been around for more than 30 years remember seeing that very often growing up? I don't, and I remember pay toilets.

Now it's a very common occurance...or I just have some very bad luck. Our society is beginning the final nosedive in it's decline...

Course my wife DOES call me a S$&T Magnet. She might just have a point. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
One assumes these cretins are not used to and don't understand the concept of indoor plumbing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One assumes these cretins are not used to and don't understand the concept of indoor plumbing.
I know I live in Alabama, but I've been in a LOT of crappy houses, and most of them had indoor plumbing. They had tapped into the water main and were stealing water, but...;)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Folks just seem to be more crass and inconsiderate these days. It's like they didn't get basic training in civility growing up; or they just don't care.

And it may be the economy, the weather or the political climate, but people seem to be more cranky and ill tempered lately.

Or maybe I'm becoming my father... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts