Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hey Charlie,
Sold my Gold Cup earlier this year. Never could get used to the raygun-looking trigger. Bought a 1991 Gov't Model new in the spring. This thing has the toughest slide release that I have ever seen. My old 1911A1 I can release with my shooting thumb. This new thing is terrible. I have to push the slide back with the off hand, and release the slide release with the shooting hand, at the same time. Is there a cure for this? I have tried different mags, and it makes no difference. I had the grip safety replaced with one that is extended, and I also had the hammer, safety, slide release, and mainspring housing all replaced with ones that look like the originals..the finely checkered ones instead of the modern gashes. The original slide release was just as terrible to release, and replacing it made no difference.

I spent a lot of time cutting #2 solid copper wire and 1/0 ACSR with a pair of 9" Kleins, so believe me, I have strong hands. So it's not me being weak.

What do you think? There has to be a cure for this.

Thanks in advance, and regards.

Jim

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Check for a burr on the end of the slide stop plunger?
That is the part that pushes on the slide stop to hold it in position and sticks out of the tube at the top of the left grip. Unfortunately, it takes a LOT of dis-assembly to remove the plunger set and spring from the tube.
Geoff
Who even saw one with two springs forced together in the tube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts