Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Read on another board that Ruger is dropping many of its models for CA, too. Too much trouble getting everything "certified" and crap.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The snapper would be if S&W, Ruger, and Glock would not sell in California....... to the police, either.
THEN you might see some common sense among the Dimocrat politicians.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
unfortunately , even small departments are too tempting a sales target for arms manufacturers to resist- as few as a dozen guns will bring them to the bidding table

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
California wins another round.

If S&W and Ruger (as well as the rest of the gun industry) could half way understand the long game, they'd stop law enforcement sales and support immediately. The LE community would pull together and put some real pressure on, but if the industry stuck together, they'd win and win big. As it is, they'll just slowly lose. But I don't know if S&W or Ruger COULD stop LE sales; they're publically traded. I doubt such a decision would ever make it past their board.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I thought the whole "microstamping" issue had been settled as totally ineffective. I had no idea that California was pushing that "requirement".

Not that I'm paranoid or anything, but it seems to me that this is a carefully contrived strategy to make sure that NO manufacturer will be able to sell pistols in The Granola State...you know...what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes. ;)

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop,

My suggestion to any remaining "persons of commonsense" is to ABANDON "The Land of Fruits & Nuts", forthwith & forever.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Plus, how many passes with emory cloth would remove the microstamping? Or just replace the firing pin??? Sheesh.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The people who made it law know it's B.S., it isn't for any real purpose other than to harass normal people, without doing anything about criminals. The main thing with a lot of these is not to buy the premise, which is very often knowingly made as a lie.

I'm guessing the California Gov't types said nothing about the Fast and Furious program where the BATF actually gave criminals guns, either.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
DC also has micro-stamping on the books with an effective date in 2016. They probably know it doesn't work, LE has an exemption. It's just another way to force firearms into non-existance.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
William R. Moore,

I'm NOT at all sure of that, as Leftists are generally IGNORANT of facts & STUPID as well.
(I know some LIBs in DC, who think that the things seen in SCI-FI movies are REAL.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah....I was unfortunately born there....but that is ALL....I disowned Ca so damn long ago
it would make your head spin....what a stupid, liberal, Un-American anti-freedom
place it has become....shove it Kalifornia!!! You suck

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Microstamping is going to inspire some great shenanigans. Imagine that you want to pop somebody, or that you anticipate a shootout. You simply show up with a pocketful of spent, microstamped cases (preferably from a police range somewhere) and scatter them around before you commence the festivities. Detectives subsequently gather up the evidence and ship it off to the lab.

Hilarity ensues.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I still like the idea of trading the DemoKKKratic "People's" KKKleptocracy of KKKommiefornistan to the ChiComs in return for writing off our debt... it's already the same political system anyway.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Microstamping is going to inspire some great shenanigans. Imagine that you want to pop somebody, or that you anticipate a shootout. You simply show up with a pocketful of spent, microstamped cases (preferably from a police range somewhere) and scatter them around before you commence the festivities. Detectives subsequently gather up the evidence and ship it off to the lab.

Hilarity ensues.
Why commit a crime?
Just scatter said 'stamped' cases, crank off enough shots(into a safe backstop, of course) to generate a 911 call and leave.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Well, you see, I wasn't really going to commit a crime. That was a hypothetical, like, say, "A unicorn, a priest and a stripper are riding in one of those little clown cars..."

Never mind.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well, you see, I wasn't really going to commit a crime. That was a hypothetical, like, say, "A unicorn, a priest and a stripper are riding in one of those little clown cars..."

Never mind.
I know that. I do have a higher estimation of your character. :) Still, it would be a good 'Boston Tea Party' style example of civil disobedience. ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Never mind.
Okay, there is NO WAY I am NOT gonna hear the rest of that joke! The premise is just way too...enticing. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts